This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
    Thanks, Claude, but this is just too much work....I want to take a picture, upload it, and it posts. For a while that's exactly what happened, but I have to resize everything lately and I'm not sure what changed.

I wish there was a way to change my iPhone setting...that would be the easiest.
    I don't have an iPhone and I don't use my phone for taking pictures BUT I vaguely recall a post on this forum about setting photo size in a cell phone. Maybe it was an iPhone, I dunno. Unfortunately, I can't tell you where that post is. Maybe someone here can help out. But for sure it sounds like a cell phone issue.
    Terry

Comment

A quick search shows that I can't change the resolution of photos I take with my phone, so I guess I either have to suck it up and resize them or not post. I know which I will choose most often.

Comment

A quick search shows that I can't change the resolution of photos I take with my phone, so I guess I either have to suck it up and resize them or not post. I know which I will choose most often.
        Yeah, I just did a google search and that's what it looks like.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
        Terry

Comment

BobD magintern -- have the rules changed on picture limits? I'm having trouble with even the simplest pics and have to resize everything lately.
          magintern Any thoughts on why a lot of us now have to resize everything? Did the limits change?

Comment

Michelle: Limits have not changed. Read #13 above, first paragraph. Many newer iPhones have image sizes greater than 2MB. There is a work-around on the iPhone, however. Open the photo, click the share button. Send the photo to yourself via email or Message. A window pops up on the phone asking what size to send (Small, Medium, Large, Actual?). Pick large or smaller. Send it. When it arrives (very quickly, if you use a smaller size), click on the photo and hold down for a second. A popup comes up with lots of options. On the bottom row, slide to the left and find "Save Image" and the smaller version will be saved to your Photos. You can then upload this much smaller one.

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

• Nomad
              Nomad commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty slick Claude!

Claude Ah, thanks! I didn't realize the iPhone took such big pictures since I haven't always had to resize. NOW I get it. Dumb Apple...I should be able to resize a pic from the program itself.

Comment

Michelle,

I looked into it, and unfortunately it does not look like there is a way to get vBulletin to automatically resize uploaded images that are over the file size limit. Are any of the suggested workarounds in this topic working for you?

Jack
              I'm online here during work hours on week days.
              I keep an eye on the FAQ section and answer any questions about the forums I see, so feel free to ask away.
              Representing Penn State!

Comment

Got into the habit of using the Picture Manager that's built right into MS Office. Very simple. Resize and dump into Photobucket folders (that took time to figure out.)
                Wrote it all down = work on this machine, type notes with the one next to this. Print. Next day, test the notes.
                One fixed size that I can select is called Internet Large (640 - 480) and that has never been rejected for excess size.

Comment

Originally posted by magintern View Post
                  Michelle,

I looked into it, and unfortunately it does not look like there is a way to get vBulletin to automatically resize uploaded images that are over the file size limit. Are any of the suggested workarounds in this topic working for you?

Jack
                  Thanks, Jack. Nothing works so far. I'm trying to figure it out with Apple now.

Comment

Thanks, Jack. Nothing works so far. I'm trying to figure it out with Apple now.
                    Keep me posted. I want this to work for you.
                    I'm online here during work hours on week days.
                    I keep an eye on the FAQ section and answer any questions about the forums I see, so feel free to ask away.
                    Representing Penn State!

Comment

There was a tutorial by Lora Irish in March of 2013, Whittle Fish, I can find the tutorial but can't see any of thie images. Are they gone forever?

Comment

tcgrumpy: After the hack, the text was saved and all pictures are gone forever. Lora might have put the tutorial in her website.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
                          Michelle: Limits have not changed. Read #13 above, first paragraph. Many newer iPhones have image sizes greater than 2MB. There is a work-around on the iPhone, however. Open the photo, click the share button. Send the photo to yourself via email or Message. A window pops up on the phone asking what size to send (Small, Medium, Large, Actual?). Pick large or smaller. Send it. When it arrives (very quickly, if you use a smaller size), click on the photo and hold down for a second. A popup comes up with lots of options. On the bottom row, slide to the left and find "Save Image" and the smaller version will be saved to your Photos. You can then upload this much smaller one.

Claude
                          I dumped my HTC - tired of having problems. Google software. Had one to hot to hold and almost melted before it transferred to my last. On my 4th G4 phone - an apple I 8. it turns out to have a 12 MB camera. Haven't taken a picture to analyze yet but I suspect it is 32 bit. The screen is 4K TV grade. Brave new world. I can change size with MS software and change the 32 bits to 8 or 2. That slices the picture down and makes a difference but is smaller. Martin

Comment

MS Office has Picture Manager, it has some nice presets for email and internet picture sizes. Other simple image prep functions, too.

Comment

Working...
                            X