Missing forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing forum?

I replied to a three-year-old post tonight, but I don't see it updated in the forum directory. Can anyone tell me what subforum I should be looking in?

Here's a direct link to the thread in question: (edit- the direct link doesn't work. I'm guessing this is from an old forum? I found it using Search "fish keychain".)
    Last edited by Michelle; 08-02-2016, 12:50 AM.

It looks like it's in the Members and Magazines section: https://forum.woodcarvingillustrated...-and-magazines
    I'm online here during work hours on week days.
    I keep an eye on the FAQ section and answer any questions about the forums I see, so feel free to ask away.
    Representing Penn State!

Comment

Yes, that's where I see the main heading, but under which forum?

Comment

I'm wondering if it's in a hidden forum, but then I shouldn't have been able to find it with a search. I can't find it under any of the current forums in M & M....you can tell just by looking at the "latest post" dates.

Comment

Have you tried scrolling down on the Members and Magazines page? There are topics in there as well for me.
          I keep an eye on the FAQ section and answer any questions about the forums I see, so feel free to ask away.
          Representing Penn State!

Comment

That's odd...didn't know to click there. How do things get posted on that page and how do we know when there's an updated thread?
            Last edited by Michelle; 08-02-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

That is...an excellent question. I'm poking around there now, lemme see if I can figure this out.
              Representing Penn State!

Comment

Okay, so, the conclusion I'm coming to is that I'm really not sure how things got there, or how to put new things there. All the topics in that category should behave as normal, but I don't know how to make new ones. Though I'm not sure that's really a problem, because anything one might want to put in the main Members and Magazines category could probably just go in one of the subcategories anyway.
                Representing Penn State!

Comment

Neat! Makes a great little key chain.
                  Terry

Comment

Originally posted by magintern View Post
                    Okay, so, the conclusion I'm coming to is that I'm really not sure how things got there, or how to put new things there. All the topics in that category should behave as normal, but I don't know how to make new ones. Though I'm not sure that's really a problem, because anything one might want to put in the main Members and Magazines category could probably just go in one of the subcategories anyway.
                    Topics in that area aren't even visible (since it doesn't update on the forum pages) unless you know to click on the Magazine and Members heading, which isn't intuitive. I've been searching through those posts, and most seem related to old forum issues anyway. Wouldn't be all that hard (just time consuming) to move pertinent post and the ArticleBot posts to a current sub forum that can be viewed, shown updated, and posted on as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleOH View Post

Topics in that area aren't even visible (since it doesn't update on the forum pages) unless you know to click on the Magazine and Members heading, which isn't intuitive. I've been searching through those posts, and most seem related to old forum issues anyway. Wouldn't be all that hard (just time consuming) to move pertinent post and the ArticleBot posts to a current sub forum that can be viewed, shown updated, and posted on as usual.
                      I see what you are saying Michelle. There is something hinky about the way that's set up.
                      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleOH View Post

Makes sense. I was thinking they would all have to be categorized, which would take impossible amounts of time, but it shouldn't be too hard to move them all to a regular channel. I'll see what I can do.
                        Representing Penn State!

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post

I see what you are saying Michelle. There is something hinky about the way that's set up.
                          It's not easy to explain since it's so confusing and makes little sense, so I'm glad you guys get me.

Comment

Originally posted by magintern View Post

Makes sense. I was thinking they would all have to be categorized, which would take impossible amounts of time, but it shouldn't be too hard to move them all to a regular channel. I'll see what I can do.
                            Unfortunately, this seems like it's going to be more of a thing than I thought it would. I'm asking vBulletin about it; hopefully I can get this done in the next couple days. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.
                            Representing Penn State!

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                              Neat! Makes a great little key chain.
                              How did this comment get in this thread? I made the comment in Michelle's fish carving thread.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X