This site REALLY NEEDS a CLASSIFIED section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This site REALLY NEEDS a CLASSIFIED section

It would be extremely helpful if this site had a classified section. We've got members here searching around looking for products that other members here are selling.
    It sure would be MUCH easier if there's a section for that right on this site.
    It would help out established respected members who deserve the recognition AND help out new members seeking such products and services.
    Would this be a difficult thing to do? I'm almost computer retarded so I'm not sure what this would entail.
    Anyway it's a SUGGESTION section and that's my suggestion.

Thank you for any consideration

This site had a classified section in the past. One problem is that buying and selling is subject to abuse. This requires constant monitoring by the site managers. The previous service had a built-in delay so that some monitoring could be done, but there were still problems. There are many sites devoted to buying and selling. Perhaps this one should stick to information and help regarding wood carving.

Comment

Originally posted by pallin View Post
      This site had a classified section in the past. One problem is that buying and selling is subject to abuse. This requires constant monitoring by the site managers. The previous service had a built-in delay so that some monitoring could be done, but there were still problems. There are many sites devoted to buying and selling. Perhaps this one should stick to information and help regarding wood carving.
      Ok you made some very good points I hadn't considered before. I could see that being a real problem. Thanks for the info. I actually agree with you.

Never mind my request. It's a bad idea.

Comment

Hi SW
        Your idea isn't bad it just there are so many sites, clubs,forums that have a buy and sell page, they might work in the US but not so good for us poor carvers in Canada with postal service rates so crazy and delivery so slow
        Bruce

Comment

No. You guys are right. You've been here for a while and understand what works and what doesn't. I'm a newbie that's discovering all kinds new things both good and bad.
          I can definitely see how this could be a problem plus it's nice asking about certain things and getting a more versatile perspective from MANY members and many different sources/. The way the site is now opens up many more conversations which is what it's for. I often get excited about an idea before I think it all the way through.
          I need a delay button Lol

Comment

I think if a member is looking for a product, post the question in the appropriate forum section.
            Probably 10 others would like to know the answer, as well.

My little village is 5 minutes long and 5 minutes wide.
            Anything to buy other than basics has to be mail-order or internet.
            Having members describe and name sources is of great value.
            Google is one of our food groups.
            Brian T

Comment

Hi Rv
              Is that five minute measurement by horseback or roller blades?
              Bruce

Comment

Horseback. Most businesses actually have a horse rail, even the Porstal Office.
                You're looking for a rack made of 3/4" rebarr with a bunch of railroad spikes welded to it.

On Rollerblades today, if you skate north, 3 minutes. If you skate south, about 30 minutes in a branch-busting 20C wind.
                Stick to First Avenue, it's all paved. I'm on Third, tar & gravel.
                Last edited by Brian T; 09-26-2016, 06:23 PM. Reason: More useless trivia about McBride.
                Brian T

Comment

Do you know it's cheaper to ship to anywhere in the world than it is to ship something into our own country.
                  We don't have a small package category whereas everyone else in the world does.

Comment

What's worse? I can search the Home Hardware catalog on line. I can go to the store and have a store clerk search the catalog.
                    Turns out that customers are not allowed to see the whole H/H catalog from home to make informed choices. Huh?

What's nice? A single mouse click before Thursday afternoon and what I want is ordered to be on next Tuesday's truck.
                    Takes until Thursday to sort it all out and then they phone to say it's here!
                    Brian T

Comment

Home hardware are awesome for customer service but so are busy bee, Lee valley, Home Depot etc. We do have it pretty good.

Comment

What you can find through places like this WCI site, are the bladesmiths, the tool vendors and wood sources who don't try to be all things to all people.
                        All you have to do is ask and there is a bunch of them.

Brian T

Comment

On Rollerblades today, if you skate north, 3 minutes. If you skate south, about 30 minutes in a branch-busting 20C wind.
                          Stick to First Avenue, it's all paved. I'm on Third, tar & gravel.
                          Brian do not know which wacky weed your smoking, but cut it out. .....LOL
                          . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Dear Di: I make no fuss about it but I have quit smoking. . ... anything. Last tobacco was Aug.14 @ 8AM.
                            Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post
                              Brian do not know which wacky weed your smoking, but cut it out. .....LOL
                              Took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X