forum hacked again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum hacked again

a couple months ago i posted that the forum was hacked and someone sent me my sign in and password, and a lot of you took it rather lightly but I just want to say it happened again so you might want to check your stuff and sci might want their tech guy to check their settings/ and don't tell me to change my password blah blah im letting you know for your benefit

Rick, sometimes that information can easily be taken from your computer with spyware. Not saying that is the case but if you are the only one, then maybe look at your computer and do a security scan.

Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

There's lists of user name and password combinations floating around the shady parts of the internet that were taken from compromised websites. If you use the same one everywhere all the time then your password could be out there from the last time. That's why we're constantly being told to change them and don't use the same one everywhere.

Comment

i like my password and i don't want to give in to these folks that said ill probably change it and i have run all kinds of scans and seem to be ok

Comment

I don't like being forced to do stuff by the actions of these jerks either, but if you have any information on computer or online that you would not share with someone else, then good password security is a must. To go the other way, have no online life at all, but that's getting harder to do by the day.

Comment

ok change the password lets see how long it takes them to figure it out. i mean it makes you want to reach into the computer and punch someone

Comment

I use "Keepass," an open-source program for managing my passwords. It also has a generator and can generate random PW's. No idea how many PWs I have but do need a PW manager. Different PWs for different programs/sites.

You might want to try something like that, Rick?
              Bill
              Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Working...
              X