Missing pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing pictures

Does anyone know what has happened to make all the pictured dissapear from the postings??? Or how to best fix it.

What was the date on that thread that you were reading? Quite old, I suppose.
    No, there are no pictures. No. Impossible to fix.
    Years back, there was a massive hack.
    In the process of transferring the entire site to a different(?) platform,
    every last illustration was wiped out/destroyed/erased.

It was so annoying that nobody had any appetite to reload threads.
    Lots of great carvers pulled the plug.
    Some stayed, some drifted back, loads of new people joined and ask the same question.
    Brian T

Comment

Some carvers, notably Phil Allin, have gone back and added to a prior p-ost by uploading the photos again. While members can not edit something that old, Moderators can - if you have the photos that were in an older p-ost (pre-hack), and want to show them again, any Moderator can edit the original post and add them. Needed: link to the thread, which p-ost which photo goes to, then email the photos to the Moderator. Just send a PM to your favorite Moderator and provide ask them for an email address so you can send them the photos and info.

Claude
      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Thanks for the info guys I will just re-post it. Lot easier all round. Don't want to create work for other guys.

For your info just in case their are other guys in the same boat and I think there are the posting date for this one was.

04-07-2021 time 03-14am

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
          Thanks for the info guys I will just re-post it. Lot easier all round. Don't want to create work for other guys.

For your info just in case their are other guys in the same boat and I think there are the posting date for this one was.

04-07-2021 time 03-14am
          FYI, that date is nowhere near old enough to have been involved in the hack and resulting miseries. That was like five or ten years ago.

I will note that there are folks (you included, Glenn) whose embedded photos never show up in their posts when I am browsing. If I have reason to suspect that there is a photo but I can't see it, I go to that person's media folder (in their profile) and can usually find it there. I am using Chrome, but I have tried Firefox and MS Edge and the problem is still there. Probably some kind of setting in my Windows setup is blocking them. But other folks' photos do show up. I don't know why. I have reported it but never got a solution. Could it be that something changed and your photos are still there but just not visible in the post, like is happening to me?
          HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

Hi Hank
            I think that is it but don't know what has changed as it was working just fine. Will get my techo computor wizarsd mate to have a look at it.

Thanks for the info mate. Much appreciated.

Comment

Recently, I have experienced a period of about 3 weeks where I could go through the usual motions but the image wouldn't stick to my postentry. No idea why not.
              See if this cat show s up. I hope it does. Local nuisance when there are small children about.
              A hazard where I live.

McBride Cat.jpg
              Brian T

Comment

Nice kitty! (I can see the picture).
                HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

I have the same thing going on with a thread/post I started in October 2020. I am finally getting back to the carving and I was going to repost the pics there too.

BobL

Comment

Hi Brian,
                    I can see the picture ok thanks. That is one huge cat. Did you have to shoot him or did you manage to trank him for re- location. Can understand how one of those would be a real worry if it wandered into your back yard.

We are lucky in that we have no predators in NZ, well apart from our politicians and the only thing they are interested in is your wallet and how much they can bleed out of it hehehe.

Comment

To some extent, the cats have "ranges" rather than true marked territories. Nevertheless,
                      relocation only works if the cat stays where it is released. This particular cat had medical issues and stayed near houses, looking for easy kills. I used to have a group of 4-5 mule deer that hung around my place. Disappeared this winter, the story is that the cats have picked them off.

DeerB.JPG
                      Here it is, near the middle of April and both the grizz and black bears are coming out of hibernation. They too, are looking for easy meals with a lot of snow still on the ground.
                      Brian T

Comment

This one is a real killer too. She preys upon stink bugs, wasps, and spiders.

833DC584-BA65-4C08-9AE7-7082AB518225.jpeg
                        Always covered in chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian T View Post
                          Recently, I have experienced a period of about 3 weeks where I could go through the usual motions but the image wouldn't stick to my postentry. No idea why not.
                          See if this cat show s up. I hope it does. Local nuisance when there are small children about.
                          A hazard where I live.

McBride Cat.jpg
                          I hope this guy ate this kill, throwing away good meat is a bad thing in my mind. They are great eating ..!
                          Better than veal.
                          Chuck
                          Chuck
                          Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://woodensmallthings.blogspot.com/2021/01/

Comment

Doug most certainly puts everything on the table. He's a licensed trapper and the family enjoy muskrat and beaver from time to time. Of course, elk, moose, white tail, mule deer, black bear.
                            When I was buying sides of bison, I was bartering for all these things for variety.
                            Brian T

Comment

Darn it Haven't had a chance to try try most of those eats. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X