Viewing Member Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewing Member Photos?

When reading the posts in the message forums I often click on a members name and view their profile. However I do not see a link there to view their photos. In order to see their photos I have to go to the Carver Galleries and search for them.

Am I missing this link? How can I view their photos easier?

Thanks!

Re: Viewing Member Photos?

Ted:
    Thats the only way,unless the member put his gallery on the bottom of his signature,as I did.Good point though,maybe we can get more of the members to do this.
    Mark N. Akers
    My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Mark, yes, I saw the sigs on some member's posts and they are appreciated because it makes it a lot easier to view their photos. However, I believe that this can, and should, be done automatically via the forum software.

Since this is the suggestion forum I'd like to make this a formal suggestion - that a member's photos are automatically linked to their profile when they are created.

Thanks!

Comment

There is an easy way:

1. In the Carver Galleries click "Search" on the SECOND GREEN LINE
        2. Type the name in "Search by Username"
        3. Click on "Execute Search" at the bottom of the page.

Dusty

Comment

Here's an easier way. Go to your gallery, copy the address and paste it to your signature. Now, as Mark said, everyone can just click it from any post you make and go directly to your gallery.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, these are ways around the problem but I still believe a better way is just have it automatically added to your profile. Seems to me to be an easy fix?

Comment

Unfortunately, Ted, it's not an easy fix. We've got a lot of custom HTML code running on the site, and when we've tried to link the forum profile with the photo host in the past, we ran into problems.

We're planning an overhaul for the website in the near future, so hopefully then it'll be possible

Bob Duncan
              Technical Editor

Comment

Looking forward to it. Thanks for a great site!

Comment

Working...
                X