X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doris
    replied
    Re: I Need Heeeelp..image gallery

phil, you need go to users gallery, you can do like so : click any image of that user, then left, under his/her name is "user gallery" click that, and you will see all 50 images,,,

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    replied

I have noticed that I can only bring up part of the photos of a member. If, for example, someone has 50 photos, clicking on "photos" in their profile only shows a sampling. If I click on "more" at the bottom, I get a random display of various members photos.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied

I just did some playing around with the gallery. Put in my name as Paul Guraedy...nothing, paul guraedy.....nothing, paulguraedy....nothing. Then happened to remember that my sign in name is Paul_Guraedy. Got it! With the underline on everyone's avatar, I had forgotten that I put it in that way.

So tried a couple of other folks substituing caps, etc. Found out that the name has to be exactly as it is in the avatar. If you are trying for multiple names, try putting in the underscore.

Thanks Doris, I would not have thought of trying this without your messages.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied

here is his galery

bigarm Gallery - Wood Carving Illustrated Photo Gallery

i found this like i said, i clicked the second search button, that bewtween the words "home",and "profile", then in the upcoming search field, i put user name "bigarm", checked "search all fields" and checked "contains all words", checked "show thumbnail" , choose all categories, and hit execute search (note , i did put nothing (!)into the keyword box)...this gave a list of all his images, and then i cleiced one of that, and on that user galery and so i came to the link i provide...

Leave a comment:

• wildflower
    replied

Thanks Pete: I'll try both options. Thanks so much for the suggestions.
    Happy Carvin'!

Leslie

Leave a comment:

• Pete Rieger
    replied

Well if they're in the carvers image gallery, i cant find them either. But, I typed bigarm in the search box under members list, and his profile came up, so I clicked on his name, then "find all posts by bigarm" and got all his posts. From there you can see where he posted some pics of his bark houses. If you post a pic under a certain category it doesn't automatically go to your gallery, I dont think so anyways.You could always send him a private message as well and ask him to post something or mail you some pics.

Leave a comment:

• wildflower
    replied

Thank you Pete and Doris. I first tried a search from the Messages Board itself then I looked thru the Members list where I found his avatar; thru that I was able to find his profile. I tried a search from there, and then I tried a search from within the gallery itself (bottom of page) using various combinations of "carving pictures" and "Al Myer" (which is his name) in the left-hand 'key word' box and typing his user name "bigarm" in the 'user name' box on the right. Still no luck. The quotation marks I've used here are for distinction purposes only and are not included in his user name.

Al's work has been recommended to me to see and study by another member who's work I admire and this member learned from Al, aka bigarm. I would appreciate you finding this for me and especially teaching me how to do it for future purposes. Thanks a million Doris and Pete.....don't know what I'd do without you people to get me through my technical muddles!

Leslie

Leave a comment:

• Pete Rieger
    replied
    Re: I Need Heeeelp...

who is it? maybe someone else can find it for you.

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied

oh, and donĀ“t put member galery or such, otherwise you might not find that work when the user not saved it under member galery but say, relief carving

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied

yes, that is not so easy to surf...if you know the excat forums name of the member, you can click the search button on the gallery pages (the lower one, the top one is for the forum) and type the user name in that field, like if i were looking for my carvings, i type my forums name doris there, then you get to see all images that this user has uploaded...

Leave a comment:

• wildflower
    started a topic I Need Heeeelp..image gallery

I Need Heeeelp..image gallery

I'm trying to find pictures of carvings by a particular member that I KNOW are posted in the Carver Image Gallery however, I'm not having any luck. What are the steps I need to take to find this person's work? I've tried searching without any success so I must not be doing it right. Is there someone out there who can help?...I'd sure appreciate it.

Leslie
Working...
X