Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

    Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
    I looked, there is no "edit profile" listed. the main Large area on the right column for login still insists that cookies are a problem. I have checked my computer lots of times for the cookies selection and it appears to be set properly on my part. it seems it is the login section that has a glitch, (even selecting remember me) because the other method does work reliably. that being the community tab, drop down list, then click the log-in link.
    Does it show you as being logged in? Just below that it says Edit Profile on my computer. What browser are you using?

    Sometimes you have to turn cookies on for a specific site. That's what I had to do for this site.
    Terry

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

      Originally posted by Nomad View Post
      Does it show you as being logged in? Just below that it says Edit Profile on my computer. What browser are you using?

      Sometimes you have to turn cookies on for a specific site. That's what I had to do for this site.
      I have a screenshot that might help.
      there are actually 2 method for log in shown, the green link directly under forum quick link , opens a new page, and that one works.
      the lower one, large display for log in username password and remember me, gets a cookies related trouble with it.
      how can one work and the other not work?
      I also have the forums address registered in my cookies allowed page of windows 7, internet explorer. no third party, as claude suggested.
      Denny

      photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

        Originally posted by Nomad View Post
        Well, the good news is that WCI is still committed to providing a forum! Thanks! Your hard work is Much Appreciated. I know sooner or later the bugs will be worked out. To be honest, I'm in no hurry. Got lots of patience. I would not be a wood carver if I didn't. "Gotta have it now" is not how I grew up.
        Thumbs up and I like would be clicked but didn't see them...so just pretend you see a yellow thumb.
        Greg

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

          I am glad they fixed the new posts feature, I really like that way of keeping up with the latest.
          also glad they fixed the auto email notification thingy. I missed that when the old forum version suddenly quit working.
          happy to finally be able to upload an avatar. still a little confused what the profile photos are or how they work for display.
          Thanks Bob and staff for the incredible amount of work you've accomplished so far.
          Denny

          photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

            Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
            I am glad they fixed the new posts feature, I really like that way of keeping up with the latest.
            also glad they fixed the auto email notification thingy. I missed that when the old forum version suddenly quit working.
            happy to finally be able to upload an avatar. still a little confused what the profile photos are or how they work for display.
            Thanks Bob and staff for the incredible amount of work you've accomplished so far.
            I like the new posts too but I don't think it's available in the main forum is it? I can only find it in a subforum but it seems to work for all the forums.
            Terry

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

              Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
              I have a screenshot that might help.
              there are actually 2 method for log in shown, the green link directly under forum quick link , opens a new page, and that one works.
              the lower one, large display for log in username password and remember me, gets a cookies related trouble with it.
              how can one work and the other not work?
              I also have the forums address registered in my cookies allowed page of windows 7, internet explorer. no third party, as claude suggested.
              From the screen capture, it says you are not logged in eh? The edit profile only works when it says you are logged in.
              Terry

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                seems to be 4 ways to activate a reply. I just found one that doesn't work, not sure which one it was now.
                as for new posts, yup, I think it was claude that mentioned the route to find the link to new post. as you,ve found out.
                Denny

                photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                  Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                  From the screen capture, it says you are not logged in eh? The edit profile only works when it says you are logged in.
                  not quite. when I am logged in, clicking the green login link does take me to the edit selections then. it is the 2 windows below that , to enter U.N. P.W. that does not work under any scenario.
                  not a real problem now that I know the workaround, for me anyway. I was thinking of those that cannot log in , might not be able to using the 2 windows below that
                  Denny

                  photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                    Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
                    ...

                    happy to finally be able to upload an avatar. still a little confused what the profile photos are or how they work for display.

                    ...
                    The avatar is what shows up in your posts right below your name. The profile photo shows up in your profile when someone looks at it. It can be different from the avatar.

                    Take a look at my profile and you can see the difference. My avatar is "Santa Claude", my profile is me all dressed up fancy.
                    Claude
                    Last edited by Claude; 03-10-2015, 11:05 AM.
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

                    My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

                    My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                      Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
                      I looked, there is no "edit profile" listed. the main Large area on the right column for login still insists that cookies are a problem. I have checked my computer lots of times for the cookies selection and it appears to be set properly on my part. it seems it is the login section that has a glitch, (even selecting remember me) because the other method does work reliably. that being the community tab, drop down list, then click the log-in link.
                      Oops! My mistake. I should have said go to the far upper right corner and click on "My Profile".
                      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

                      My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

                      My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                        Originally posted by Claude View Post
                        The profile photo shows up in your profile when someone looks at it. It can be different from the avatar.
                        Claude
                        I guess I expected to be able to do more than one, it seems it is a thumbnail size on the left pane. I thought the empty white area is where they would show and possibly more than one. wip??
                        Denny

                        photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                          Most of the time I am not seeing attachments. I thought it was my iPad so I switched to a Windows 8 box. Still no attachments - mostly jpg I think.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                            Originally posted by pnbarnett View Post
                            Most of the time I am not seeing attachments. I thought it was my iPad so I switched to a Windows 8 box. Still no attachments - mostly jpg I think.
                            Try this: go up to the upper right corner, click on My Profile. Log in again on the new page that comes up. Click the Remember Me box. Navigate back to the forums and you should see the attachments.

                            Claude
                            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

                            My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

                            My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                              Also remember that they are still working on bringing in the attachments from the old forum. You will only be able to see attachments posted to the new forum until that is sorted out.
                              Last edited by Steev; 03-10-2015, 07:31 PM. Reason: Stupid auto-correct

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

                                Hi Bob, the web site is "clicking" much better. The only things I notice (and not a big issue) is when logging out this pops up....
                                (vBulletin, "An error occurred while attempting to log you out. Check here to log out"
                                I still notice that I can' type normally. I need to slow down to write.
                                Thanks for your help.
                                Dave (CosmoQ)
                                http://oneofakindwoodcarvings.blogspot.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X