Thanks Bob!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Bob L

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Re: Known Forum Glitches and Fixes

Hi Bob,
    I have deleted the signature and set your birthday to private. The hashes appear whenever you use an apostrophe.

Leave a comment:

• Just Carving
    replied

I can t edit my profile. It has: Whispering Eagle Studio
    --------
    \\\"Painting is a contact sport.\\\" --- Me
    \\\"Bad decisions make good stories.\\\" - Anonymous

as my signature, it shows my birthday, and my profile pic doesn t display.

And the hashes are not what typed.

Bob L
    Last edited by Just Carving; 05-22-2015, 11:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied

Good mornin\' Eddy, I too am checking in each day....hoping that this will be the day!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Hang in there Paul! I check in religiously every day and check the search functions to see if they are working yet. I have great confidence in the I.T. Gods in the sky that one of these days all will be right with the world!!!! (笑)

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied

It seems that more functions are not working, for me, than those that are. The only thing I am able to do is read the current posts. Can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t even access the attached photos. I have one unread PM but am unable to find it. I have tried going through the \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Notifications\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" in the upper right as someone suggested.....no luck!

I went to my profile and found that I will, apparently, be required to re-enter all of the information that I had put there.

This is my first attempt to see if I can even reply to a message.

Edit: several \\\\\\\\\\\\ marks were placed in my message when I posted. I am editing to see if this function works! OK. That function does not work either! It even added more of the \\\\\\\\\\\\ marks.I am just going to sit and wait until a message tells me that the forum has been restored to something I can work with.
    Last edited by Paul_Guraedy; 05-18-2015, 09:57 AM. Reason: Correcting input that was placed there somehow when I posted the message

Leave a comment:

• LMBRJACK
    replied

The search function is not working.

Leave a comment:

• Tom-H
    replied

All computers are to me is a magic typewriter that some how communicates with other magic typewriters. This said, I have had to be patient. But now I see more activity every week on the forum. I see some of the ol\' magic coming back. We\'ll be back and beyond \"normal\" in time. This means that more folks will benefit from the forum, as we all have....

Thanks to all!

Tom H

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied

I feel it is more like, they gave it to us a few months early to use for what it can do, rather than wait til its perfected. we are here proof that we are doing just that.

Leave a comment:

• TreeWizard
    replied

I didn\'t mean to put a stick in this hornets nest again, I simply meant that it seems that bata testing before going live may have been lacking. I\'ve been involved in many software upgrades and major program changes and I\'ve never seen one take this long to debug.

Leave a comment:

• Nomad
    replied

Originally posted by pallin View Post
    This may be true of some software upgrades, but it is not always the case. My sons have a computer consulting business in which they often manage the conversion of document management systems for law firms. They routinely write programs which convert all the old files for access by the new program, without supervision, on a weekend. Any glitches are automatically set aside for resolution later. These law firms would not tolerate the problems we have endured here.
    Hmmm...interesting. I guess the take home message here is that WCI should become a law firm.

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied

this forum, any forum, will collect a membership. a cross-sectional view of every type of personality and attitude known in the real world. makes life interesting for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied

Although I agree with Pallin, WCI does provide the framework, no doubt because there is perceived to be a commercial advantage to doing so...and that is perfectly good and acceptable, and serves us as well as if it were provided out of the goodness of the owners\\\\\\\' hearts as a public service.

The fact remains, however, that no other site with similar potential has effectively survived, and if this forum should fail there is no substitute for us to run to. Therefore, it behooves us, indeed requires us, to be as patient as is required.

As far as the comparison to other conversions handled more adeptly, I would imagine that the software being converted from were more commercial, well established and known commodities, and not as flaky to convert.

Just my thoughts on the situation.
    Last edited by Arthur C.; 05-02-2015, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    replied

The resources that made the WCI site valuable were nearly all contributed by members - the photos, instruction, comments. We were not just curious observers!

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied

Pallin... That may be true but the bottom line is that \"We\" haven\'t endured anything. We don\'t have a dog in this fight. I don\'t remember sending Woodcarving Illustrated a plug nickel for the use of my forum account. Any pain, frustration, discontent, lost of real income experienced from this computer conversion is borne strictly by WCI. \"We\" are merely curious observers, who yes, might be slightly inconvenienced, because we can\'t sit down at a trouble free session on the computer shooting the bull with our friends and having our show and tell, but we\'re observers none the less. The last thing the crew at WCI needs right now is criticism and negativity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X