This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bill of Rights

Thanks Bob,maybe I for one has been a bit heavy handed in one or two of my responses,however
    I had never meant to step on anyones toes. When I introduce this forum to anyone else,I tell them with pride that forum is internationally know with member different countries where English is not the primary language. Sometimes feelings can get hurt by our responses to these good folks,either asking for help or discussing their desires. Had I known about this forum upon it's inscription,I probably would n't have purchases so many tools or gadgets thinking they would make me a better carver. Since I have joined this forum I have seen it grow in leaps and bounds,
    therefore being ex-military person rules of engagements must bet followed,this as you mentioned
    a wood carving forum and all it's artistic enhancements. I will follow the forums Bill of Rights.
    Oscar

Comment

I just joined a month or two ago and today I read the "Bill of Rights" for the first time. Whether or not it is a basic human right to have a civil forum in which to have discussions on a defined range of topics, I still am very glad that the moderators and admins have spelled out rules and guidelines to help that happen. Any time one defines rights, one also, by definition, restricts. I don't mind that at all. If I did, well I wouldn't want to be here. I mean, maybe I don't really have "right" to a civil discussion, but I do have a right to opt out.

Thank you to all who work the site for defining a basic set of "rights" (or "restrictions", if you prefer) that help make my experience here fun and helpful. I know it is a lot of work.

Happy New Year to all using our western calendar. And if you use a different calendar, Happy New Year in advance.

Comment

BobD You and the staff are doing a great job, Keep up the good work in the New Year! In this day and age if you don't have rules you could have chaos.

Comment

How do we feel about carvings that include nudity? I made a little novelty carving for a co-worker and was thinking about sharing, but I don't wish to offend anyone. My first instinct is "inappropriate ", but thought I might ask for future reference of carvings that are not so…"crude" in the way the nudity is displayed. To give you a rough idea, this is an interpretation of what MIGHT be buried under the Easter Island heads…use your imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've had nudes displayed here before. They were sculptures, and not graphic or provocative, so I didn't see anything wrong with them. Many of those carvings were displayed at carving shows and weren't a problem. As always, if someone doesn't like a thread/post, they can tune it out and move on to something they like. JMHO. Mike
            Matthew

Comment

As Mike points out, non-graphic and non-provocative are ok. Just remember we do have some youth members of the forum, so consider that in your posting.

Claude
              My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Bob... As far as I'm concerned your Bill of Rights doesn't really cover anything new that you haven't made known before. It's all common sense, fair play, and good business practice! The only thing that I don't see unless I've missed it with these old eyes is some guide lines on the posting of "patterns." I know what the policy is but we're constantly getting new folks in that aren't familiar with it.

Comment

If you're concerned about offending someone, you can put a warning in the title of your thread--"Warning-Nude carving". It's been done before.

Bob L

Comment

Working...
                  X