X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article discussion thread:Dremel Multi-Max

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Dremel Multi-Max

Re: Article discussion threadremel Multi-Max

I'm curious how the dremel tool compares with other similar tools, espically the Fien Mulitmaster or even the harbor frieght version. Obviously the Dremel is much cheaper than Fien, but how does it compare in features, performance, convenience, etc.

Comment

Fein is the best, the Bosch is battery powered and last about 2 hours before recharging. The chicago (harbor freight) doesn't have the amps as does the Fein.
      Jerry P

Comment

Just bought a Fein Multimaster set,brilliant machine,sanding and removing glue from concrete under the carpet.
        Some old window frames next.

Penno

Comment

I've used the Fein and the Dremel. While I agree that the Fein is the best...like most things, you get what you pay for, I was very impressed with the Dremel. If you don't plan on using it daily, the Dremel will do what you need it to do. It doesn't remove wood quite as fast as the Fein, but when I was sanding a bunch of construction grade 2x4s, I started out with a random orbital sander, but when I ran out of discs, I grabbed the Multi-Max and my sanding went much quicker.

Bob

Comment

I use a multi tool a lot in my construction business . Fein is the best of the bunch hands down in my book . I have one for the shop but don't take it out on jobs . I have gone through a couple of dremels and now am using harbor freight's for on the job .So far so good although I don't usually buy tools from them the price is right . One of the down sides is blades are only sold at their store so you have to have a good supply . I have used the Bosch battery and liked it . I hardly ever use it as a sander . It is a great remodel tool .

Comment

I have the Dremel for a couple months now and like it alot. I have never used the Fein so I can not compare the two. I just got the battery operated version from Rigid, also an awesome tool.

RIDGID 12V Lithium-Ion Drill/Jobmax Combo - R92234 at The Home Depot

Dave

Comment

Jimmy, have you tried the grout removal blade ?

Dave

Comment

I have done several bathrooms with it Dave . I won't say it's fun but better than any thing else I have tried . The Rigid kit looks interesting .

Comment

Good to hear Jimmy, I like the Rigid kit alot, it has good power and impressive battery life. I was told at HD that they will be coming out with more attachments around fathers day.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X