• Show
Clear All

• papasar
    replied
    Hmmmm. I wonder who listed them.

Leave a comment:

• KCSTORM
    replied
    FYI. Someone just listed 10 Harold Enlow study sticks on ebay. 3 of them have instructions with them. They look to be in great condition.

Leave a comment:

• Goodgal
    replied
    Re: Harold Enlow Study sticks and books

So tell me about the sticks. Do you like them and are they helpful?

Leave a comment:

• gtech
    replied

Just a note about the sticks being made from cheap material. I didn't see that mentioned but I must say that some of the sticks are a bit thin and can break easily.

One of my sticks had a hole in a corner when I received it, and another one broke in 2 when I dropped it on my table (my mistake).

So I would suggest to keep them separated in a box, and use a mat when you use them, just in case. Just do not drop them.

Gilles

Leave a comment:

• Simplyme
    replied

I also just received my books and study sticks(ordered all 10). I was a little worried because I read that the sticks where made with cheap material. I can honestly say...THEY ARE NOT. They are made of resin and are quite sturdy and heavy. They are actually much better then I expected them to be. Well made and as far as I can see will be quite helpful. I can probably stare at each for hours studying them(hence the name). I am very very happy with the purchase. Now if I only could attend one of his classes.........

Leave a comment:

• gtech
    replied

I now received all of the Study Sticks/Books and already have some favorites.

Some sticks are from the 90s but it was a good occasion to get all of H.E. sticks, because I wasn't into wood carving back then, so I didn't even knew about him until a few years ago. I must say that I am impressed by his work so far...

The Sticks are well worth buying.

Gilles

Leave a comment:

• gtech
    replied

Yesterday, I received my first 3 study sticks from Amazon.com and I love them. There is a lot of stuff of the sticks. Very well done.

Amazon.ca
    updated the shipping dates to September for the sticks I ordered from them, but it's ok because it will give me more time to use the 3 stick I have right now.

Gilles

Leave a comment:

• LMiller
    replied

Update: I just received an email that Amazon has shipped the Santa along with the Nose & Hair study sticks. Their site suggests that the Eye & Lip along with the Ear Study Kit will ship soon - by the 16th of August.

Leave a comment:

• LMiller
    replied

Update: Amazon's automated email updated the shipping dates for my order suggesting the last of them would arrive around the 18th of August...

Leave a comment:

• carlt
    replied

I have held off ordering until they become available through Amazon. I am really looking forward to getting all of his new material. Sure glad he is putting them out, as all of his past stuff has been excellent.

Carl

Leave a comment:

• gtech
    replied

About my experience with Amazon, it was amazon.ca and I must say that service was very good. The displayed price of the book was lower than when I pre-ordered it, and when they shipped it to me they forgot to adjust the prece.

They quickly answered my email and correctly the mistake with a refound.

Gilles

Leave a comment:

• rcurtism
    replied

I ended up canceling the Amazon one and ordering them from Fox Chaple. Had a few minor tracking issues there but they did a great job rectifying them and I got my sticks with in a week. Yes I paid about 60 dollars more for the ten sticks but to me it was worth it because I was able to get answers to my questions about delievery and ship out times. Where with Amazon they would not tell me anything. To me customer service is a dying art that needs to be rewarded.

Leave a comment:

• LMiller
    replied

Chuckling at RickM...

(Imagine a Maverick style slang when reading "It's good to want things. Motivates a feller to go out and work for 'em!"

Wanting never did anything but envy Doing for all the things he had...

I placed my order via Amazon because the price was much smaller than the local supply or the internet prices I could find. Amazon sent me an email, about a month or so after I thought I would have seen them, and told me I had to re-commit to the order or they would cancel it. I double checked prices and then let Amazon know that I was willing to wait.

My studies have suggested the concept of dedicated practice. I very much look forward to receiving the study sticks and companion books. I have prepared some practice pieces for ears at the same scale as my eventual caricatures. I would like to do the same with noses and eyes, but lack the study sticks to know where to start!

Patience is a virtue a long time in its arrival. (Sigh)

LMiller

Leave a comment:

• rickm
    replied

never had a problem with amazon, the enlow books and method is great however. I need to get the one he has on carving woodspirits and maybe even santas. Anyone want to give me a xmas present and send one?

Leave a comment:

• gtech
    replied

I pre-ordered everything from Amazon.ca yo get free shipping to Canada.

I received the Book but the Study Sticks will be available only in August. But ordering directly from Fox Chapel would have cost me a lot more for shipping :-( so that's why I was ready to wait...

Gilles

Leave a comment:

Working...
X