Cleaning the shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the shop

Well. it's been 5 years since we built the shop and SWMBO says it's time to clean it up. She doesn't mean just vacuum the open areas, she means CLEAN!! So guess what I am gonna be doing this week. You got it! I have decided to clean the shop. I'll try to post a pic when done since it may be another 5 years before it gets it again.
    I'll have to say I sure do hate to stop carving every 4 or 5 years to do this but you know how spic and span these women want us to be.
    Doug

Re: Cleaning the shop

Poor Doug But, you will feel so much better when it's done. You'll be rearing to mess it up again

Comment

Yeah, I told her I'd just mess it up again but she thinks dust 1 to 1 and 1/2 inches deep is too much. She thinks I actually ought to be able to see the floor. You know how women are.

Comment

How about a before and an after shot???

I mean, how dirty can a shop get in only 5 years????

Comment

Doug! Just think how fortunate you are to have a shop to mess up! Having the wrath come down on you once every five years is nothing! It comes down on me everytime I carve .... but then I'm carving in the den, not a shop!

Comment

Its not polite to talk about ugh, cleaning shop in mixed company!
            "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

You're right! That's "SHOP" talk!

Comment

Terry, Terry, Terry! How dirty can a shop get in 5 years, indeed. I can trash my shop in one day. My shop is so messy.....in fact you ought to see some of the excuses that I have come up with to keep from even considering starting to clean it. The latest excuse was to move my scheduled colonoscopy up two months....But I got even better excuses that are just waiting to get used......Tom H
                http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

How about loaning me some of them? Maybe I can stretch this thing out to every ten years.
                  Doug

Comment

One of my friends cleans his shop out every couple weeks during the summer...he just opens up the garage doors, fires up his leaf blower, and lets go!

Bob

Comment

Doug,

My shop is so dirty it is almost impossible to get inside to do anything. In fact I have to take my saw outside to cut anything. My son felt so sorry for me that he built an addition so I would have a place to carve. Lucky me. When I move into the new space I will definately have to clean the old shop. I plan on taking everything out and starting from scratch. Might take a week or longer. YUK!!!

Comment

Every time I clean or straighten it takes months to find everything.Start carving and then you have to stop and look for that favorite veiner, it was right here next to that big piece of.... arnie

Comment

Clean Shop is an oxymoron eh?

Comment

Because I haven't been carving - that's what I've been doing --- CLEANING.
                            My husband of 36 years is frightened.
                            Well, not exactly "frightened"...... he's scared to pieces.

Comment

Well, I will finish tomorrow and then back to carving. By the way while doing this I found the Charter issue of Wildfowl Carving and Collecting. If anyone is interested in it you can e-mail me or send me a private message.
                              Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X