No announcement yet.

Hurricanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone weather watchers..... I am now watching Hurricane Orlene,... she is super far away but tracked toward the islands as the cyclone will strengthen......about a week away but this is where all our hurricanes come from. Also right now in the Pacific we have a hurricane off the scale of Cat 5 ....which would be classed a Cat six headed straight for Taiwan,.., those people must be scared to the bone!! This hurricane/ typhoon as they call it in the eastern part of the world is now called a super typhoon. They been predicting super typhoons or super hurricanes coming.....because of the weather and warmer oceans. For anyone wondering.... a Cat Six knocks down cement block buildings.

Comment

I was checking out Orlene this morning, Di. Hopefully she changes her mind on visiting Hawaii. The latest update makes it sound like she may not make it there... http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh...l/130249.shtml

And, yes, super typhoon Meranti is a beast. Latest update on that one shows it heading south east Taiwan before hitting the mainland. Scary stuff.

Comment

Looks like Orlene is starting to fizzle out...... Meranti is going to down grade how far? before she hits land.

Comment

To all of you on the east coast.....this is one of ugliest storms I have ever seen.......including the cat 5 we get out in the Pacific. The rain storms, pressure, and waves that is traveling with it is outrageous. My prayers are with you that you take this very, very serious and hope she turns the other way....but if she does not. Please be ready for anything remember meteorology is not a science yet.

Comment

Hurricane Matthew is getting stronger....Cat 4 and many believe it will be a five,.... before she hits Florida. I got two crazy cousins vacation the cruise lines,...they turn around and dump them in Miami....they stayed.....and are drinking tons of beer....hurricane party. Stupid idiots.....I figure if this thing hits ....they will be two dead Ohio buckeyes..

Comment

Got an email from my brother. He's OK. Freeport, Grand Bahama is taking a shirt-kicking.
              He says you can fly a kite without the kite = just throw the string up in the air.
              Brian T

Comment

I got lots of family and friends in Florida that live there.....they either evac or hunker down. I am worried the barometric pressure is dropping in this hurricane if it continues we could be looking a super hurricane. An my cousins.....just got a face book pic....black sky, empty beach and them laying on the beach with their **** beers. I am not laughing....

Comment

Working...
                X