How is your weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your weather?

I always like to hear people talk about the different parts of the country and the weather, do you have color leaves, is it cold? It is pouring here,....major alerts for flash floods. Weather report say that we are getting about 2 inches an hour where I live.... in fact I just lost two papaya trees, came out of the ground roots and all. Because the ground is so wet....that is a first! Maui is major flash flooding and it looks like we may be next. Hope you are doing better!!!
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Here in West Michigan it's been finer than frog hair split 4 ways and sanded smooth. Except for that tornado a couple weeks ago...
    Last edited by Nomad; 09-14-2016, 09:20 PM.
    Terry

Comment

Hi Dileon
      We could use some your rain,people in Nova Scotia have experienced one the driest summers in a long time, people in Soggy's area have had their wells go dry and have had to haul water. Where I live it hasn't been quite as bad ,we have had some rainfall in the last couple of weeks that has helped the farmers get some more growth out of their crops. I live exactly half way between the north pole and the equator. Hope you get some drier weather soon
      Bruce

Comment

SW Ohio has been wet lately after almost being in a pretty good drought. I recorded 6.71" from August 14-31. And 2.41" so far for September. I joined the CoCoRaHS network and am having fun making daily precipitation reports. Hopefully we get some cooler weather soon. I'll take the 70's! Haven't noticed much change in tree color yet, but will probably be soon. My neighbors tree is already losing it's leaves so it can't be too far away. Hope you don't have any more issues from flooding, Dileon!

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
          frog hair split 4 ways and sanded smooth.
          I have never heard that expression.....never seen a frog hair either......LOL

Comment

53N here, Di. Dang near freezing each night, days are crawling up to 60-70F. Most broad leaf trees (and my grapes) are yellowing up quite quickly.
            I got pickers organized today so the grapes will come off end of this month. Hoping 25lbs per vine (quite good).
            We have had some heavy snow up top (7,000ft+) which always looks nice on a warm afternoon, down here in the valley.
            Brian T

Comment

Northern Virginia is still nice. This morning driving to work @ 5:30 temp was 70 degrees, just a tad warmer than yesterday. Days are getting up in the high 80s - 90 still, but evenings are noticeable cooler. Fall isn't too far off and when he comes the trees are beautiful with colors. Not looking forward to winter as summer is my better time, love the warm winds blowing.

Comment

Ozark Mountains are turning toward Autumn. Walnut trees are loosing leaves (always the first), Virginia Creeper vines are showing splashes of deep red in the woods, persimmons have gone from green to yellow and more color is appearing everyday. We have had a wet summer here. The last few years we did very little mowing from early July to September. The fields are still summer green, farmers got extra cuttings of hay, and all of my ponds are full. Temps are moderating and I have moved a lot of my carving out onto the front porch. Life is good!

Comment

50yds in dense fog, 5C/40F this morning. Ought to burn off by 9AM. Good Morning!
                  Brian T

Comment

Here in the very Southern edge of California next to the Mexican Border it still is warm 75 degrees with cool evenings!
                    Thank God I don't have to shovel snow out of my drive way before and after I get out of work as I did when I lived in Oregon.

Comment

SE Idaho, day time highs in the 40's lower 50's, night time in the 30's. Today, raining and cloudy..my favourite type of weather. Settles the dust and turns things a bright green that will contrast with white snow very soon. Then I will huddle up in front of the fire place and carve and wait for spring..the best time of life.

Comment

Recent widespread flooding in southeast Louisiana last month, with thousands of homes ruined. Still having daily rain or thunderstorms. Ground so soggy that parts of my lawn squish with mud when I mow. Low at night in low 70s, daily highs mid 90s, but not as hot as a month ago. Very muggy, as usual. Looking forward to the little winter we have.
                        Arthur

Comment

We could use some your rain,people in Nova Scotia have experienced
                          I do not think you want this kind of rain.....actually it is continues,.... major flash flood warning.....lots of rocks coming down out of the mountains, flooding and heavy rains. Right now in some parts of the big island 4 inch an hour. It will continue til the weekend. Even on the mountain my yard is swamp, can not walk in it.

Comment

Another gorgeous day here. High around 75 and will probably be just under 60 degrees tonight. Blue sky and white puffy clouds. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
                            Terry

Comment

We're in the high 70's today/low 40's at night, progressing to the low 90's mid-next week. Still dryer than a popcorn f***
                              . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                              X