No announcement yet.

How is your weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out here in West Texas where it is supposed to be hot and dry, we are enjoying a good soaking rain.

Comment

Yesterday was a beautiful fall day, except for the lack of color. It has not been this green at this time of the year since the late 1990s. But the weather is perfect for my son to bush hog the pastures and for the hunters to bush hog areas to plant for this winters deer plots as well as firing lanes near the deer stands. Chronic Wasting Disease has come to this area so we are under special regulations now. One good thing from the hunter's aspect is the desire to reduce the size of the deer heard to minimize "nose to nose" contact.
      Attached Files

Comment

Fog & 50 again @ 7A, trees dripping from past 24hrs rain. Not cold enough up top (5,000 - 9,000) for fresh snow. Good Morning.
        Time for corn bread & molasses and marinate in more coffee.
        Brian T

Comment

Beautiful place Paul
          Brian, you can pass some of the moisture this way----please
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Glad to pass some water along! Would if I could. Once the clouds lifted it really did snow like Hello up top!
            Brian T

Comment

It is not yet raining today. Good Morning.
              Brian T

Comment

NO rain!!! yes! My yard is wet muddy but I am going to be carving outside today....as the heavy winds will blow the dust away. A hot humid.....89 degrees. Just got up...with my coffee and feed all the cats then out to the work shop. This is also the month of major tree trimming....which has to be done each year.....growth this year with the rain and heat was monstrous. Trimming is being done after carving time in the evening when it is cooler.
                . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Weather is starting to cool down here in Ontario. Some places have already gotten frost but we haven't yet. I haven't even taken my pool down . There's still lots to do ; I've got grass seed and daffodils to plant still, before the snow falls so I hope it doesn't snow for a while.
                  Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 10-02-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

After sundown Sunday. Pruned 100+yds of grape vines, tendrils tough as copper wire = I can open the gates again! Pickers tomorrow if it's dry.
                    I'm guessing maybe 40 pounds per vine, which is OK. Hard frosts and most leaves blew off so picking with be easy to see.
                    Plenty of fresh snow up top where it belongs. I expect the sled-heads are getting jumpy.
                    Still have to chop off the vine tendrils in the screen windows and soffits then prune so they don't beat on the house in the winter storms.
                    Brian T

Comment

Hooray, We finally got a little moisture, the first since May 29th. & were still above, bearly, normal. Glad for a wet spring hoping for a wet fall and snowy winter
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Tuesday sunny Pruned 100+yds of grape vines, tendrils tough as copper wire = I can open the gates again! Pickers this afternoon.
                        I'm guessing maybe 30 pounds per vine, which is OK. Hard frosts and most leaves blew off so picking with be easy to see.
                        Plenty of fresh snow up top where it belongs. I expect the sled-heads are getting jumpy.
                        Still have to chop off the vine tendrils in the screen windows and soffits then prune so they don't beat on the house in the winter storms.

There's snowfall north, west and east of my place. Only up the mountains right here.
                        Last edited by Brian T; 10-07-2016, 11:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to post!
                        Brian T

Comment

Working...
                        X