Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Update

Hi Y'all
    Here are some pics of shop updates,equipment that I have purchased used on line through a free ad thing we have in Canada.(kijiji)
    14 " Trademaster band saw-$150, 10 Mastercraft miter saw-$30,8" King drill press -$30,16" variable speed Dremel scroll saw-$25,not shown portab;le 10" Delta table saw-$25, Bouncy House Fan converted to dust collector- $45, Delta disc-belt sander- $20. I purchased the scroll saw and the table saw in the last two weeks, everything works exactly like brand new ones, and I didn't have to pay any tax on any of it.. I almost forgot , not shown a Foredom reversible , used 10 hours -$50.
    Bruce
    Attached Files

Just adding another picture
    Bruce
    Attached Files

Comment

• Donna_T
      Donna_T commented
      Editing a comment
      Your shop looks great. Isn't it fun when you get everything you need --and a bonus if you get it "on sale" ? I found the lap dust collector that was exactly what I wanted on your kijiji site last year. Much better than our Craig's list. I especially like how you have relevant things on the wall next to where they will be used--no hunting for where you stored them!

Shut up! You scored some mighty fine tools for an incredible price.
    Way to go. Are these all going to go in that adorable workshop?
    I don't mean this in a nasty way in the least but I'm green with envy.
    That shop is the best idea I've ever seen.
    Happy woodworking to you .
    Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 09-21-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Hi SW
      Everything fits in my shop and I still have room to carve, , I am now in no need of any more power tools except a weecheer 272 reciprocating carver, my old one bit the dust after six years hard labour. I was just on kijiji looking at electric chain saw, if I can get it for $20 it might be a handy thing to have around
      LOL
      Bruce

Comment

Seriously Bruce. You did REALLY GOOD. The prices you got are amazing and even your set up is wicked.
        May I ask what type of dust collection system you have there? Even your scroll saw set up is perfect. I just purchased a new scroll saw with a stand and I'm debating whether to use the shop vac with a dust deputy or get a quieter dust collector. I'm torn.Lol
        Anyway congrats on the new tools.
        Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 09-21-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Hi SW
          My dust collector is one I fashioned from a bouncy house fan, i covered the air intake and hooked up a 3 inn flex hose(dryer vent) as my suction and exhaust into a cotton pillow case( rocket science)I only use this set up when I am using a rotary tool,I also have this hooked up to a remote control used for Christmas lights. I used to have a big Craftex system, it was too big and too loud.
          Bruce

Comment

That's some pretty savvy shop shopping. Congrats. Those tools will bring you years of joy.
            Terry

Comment

Bruce, the kingdom is complete now, (well there might be room for-----) Well done
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Thanks Terry and Joe
                The only thing I need in the shop now is a dog ,I don't think that's going happen unless I win a big lotto jackpot, pups have gone up three fold since the last one was bought 13 years ago. I can always listen to my seven dollar stereo system LOL.
                Bruce

Comment

Looks like you've got just about everything there Bruce (or should I say AJ.......LOL ( inside joke) ) Next you'll have to negotiate with N.S. Power to try and get cheaper power rates to run all that stuff.....
                  If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Have you bought belts for that sander? I inherited that exact machine from my father-in-law and while lots of places will list 1" belts on their web pages, no shops around here seem to actually stock them.

Comment

Thanks Wayne
                      Maybe I could get some hamsters to run in a cage to power up every thing LOL
                      I have been looking for an inexpensive lathe no luck yet for my price bracket
                      Bruce

Comment

Hi Steev

I bought belts for the sander from a local company,with no problem, I think
                        Lee valley sells them as well
                        Bruce

Comment

Steev, I concur with Bruce, Lee Valley has 'em, I just got two from them the other day. Nice setup Bruce and Kijiji is fun. Nice save on the bouncy house blower.

Tinwood

Comment

Thanks Tinwood
                            Yes kijiji is a lot of fun, sometime I will buy a set of chisels, clean them up put them back on kijiji three days later and double my money, made an offer on an electric chain saw last night, have to wait for a reply, I really don't need one
                            . Bruce

Comment

Working...
                            X