Chat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat!

Am I right in assuming that Chat has been enabled for the forum?
    Terry

Hi Terry
    was that the tap n talk thingy?
    Bruce

Comment

No, Vbulletin enabled an imbedded instant messenger/chat function on the forum, but I asked them to turn it off. Part of the reason for the forum is to capture the chatter so it can be shared with others, and that would all be lost with an instant messenger/chat function.

Best Regards,
      Bob Duncan
      Technical Editor, Woodworking/DIY

Comment

It was just lightening in a bottle.
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
          It was just lightening in a bottle.
          From the above response I couldn't tell if that was a nay or yay!

It's a Yayyyy!
          Chat! Chat! Chat!
          Imagine that!

Comment

The key word is Nay. It has come and gone.
            Terry

Comment

The key word is Nay. It has come and gone.
              Whattttt? Oh Boooooo!
              Hisssss

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post

Whattttt? Oh Boooooo!
                Hisssss
                I can see you're holding back. Now tell us how you really feel.
                Terry

Comment

I can see you're holding back. Now tell us how you really feel.

Yes, you're right. I AM holding back and WILL tell you how I REALLY feel.
                  I'm disappointed. I thought the chat feature was awesome, for the short time it lasted.
                  What a great added feature for those of us who enjoy rambling on about nothing of general interest but if Bob would rather us chat on the site for all to see, I'm game.

So last night I got a bit chilled. It wasn't like the house was cold but it was a bit damp from all the rain and drop it temperature. It left a bit of a chill in the air, ya know?
                  I was thrilled to light up the woodstove. It adds such an ambiance of coziness with the warmth and flames of colour from the fire. Plus the smell of wood burning is heavenly. It was a nice way to drift off into a deep slumber.......
                  until it got so unbearably hot I had to open up all the windows. Even the dogs got too hot. One migrated to the cooler cement floor which I was about to do until I remembered I had I ceiling fan. Ahhhhhh! That did the trick but then I was wide awake so figured I'd do some more carving and practice sharpening. Nothing better to do. Now I have so many things I'm currently working on at the same time, it's a bit mind boggling so I decided to start finishing them off.
                  Now I have three items almost finished that I'm quite proud of.
                  Then I started getting tired again so went back to bed only to then worry about my friend stormynights.
                  I hadn't heard from her in a few days so thought I'd give her a shout.
                  Ok it wasn't 'really' a shout cause she lives quite a distance away. I wrote her an email. While doing that I fell asleep on my glasses so when I woke up they were all bent out of shape.

Soooooooo I figure maybe with enough posts like THIS one , Bob might just pull that switch one more time.

Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 09-28-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post

Soooooooo I figure maybe with enough posts like THIS one , Bob might just pull that switch one more time.

And this is where you made your mistake. We ALL want to hear your bedtime stories.
                    Terry

Comment

And this is where you made your mistake. We ALL want to hear your bedtime stories.
                      LMAO!!!!!!!!! Oh my ribs!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X