What's the difference between .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between .....

A SUPER moderator and a regular ordinary moderator?
    Does it have to do with the number of posts or time served?
    Its more curiosity than anything.

Don't remember when or why my designation was changed from moderator to super moderator. Suspect it may have something to do with the posts helping others.

Comment

Mainly, it's just spelling.
      Terry

Comment

On a lot of forums, a super moderator mods all forums while some forums have a specific designated moderator. I've never really seen that here but I believe that the titles are a carry over from when the forum first began. Not sure really but maybe Bob can clarify this.
        Terry

Comment

I was thinking maybe a "Super Moderator" could jump over buildings in a single bound..............but when you look at the average age of the members on here I guess that's not gonn'a happen..........
          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

• Donna_T
            Donna_T commented
            Editing a comment
            Soggy, It's been awhile since I jumping over buildings--or even cracks in the sidewalk! And I never thought about it, but we are mostly all fossils! Made me laugh, though! Originally we were assigned a specific topic or two to watch--as well as all in general.

Terry's right... Super moderators can moderate anywhere on the forum. With moderators, I need to assign them to specific sections. I don't think we have any regular moderators; I think I changed everyone over to super moderators.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy View Post
            I was thinking maybe a "Super Moderator" could jump over buildings in a single bound..............but when you look at the average age of the members on here I guess that's not gonn'a happen..........
            Hahahaha. That is hilarious and has made my day.
            Thank you.

I assumed it was an automated thing and had to do with post count, especially since so many of you shared the title. On another site I was at there was ONE moderator who changed his title himself. Of course he could leap over buildings in a single bound. If ya get what I'm sayin'. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
              Terry's right... Super moderators can moderate anywhere on the forum. With moderators, I need to assign them to specific sections. I don't think we have any regular moderators; I think I changed everyone over to super moderators.

Bob
              Thank you. Well THIS SITE's moderators are deserving of such a title.
              That sounds like such a suck up. LOL Thanks guys!

Comment

All changed to Supermoderators? I guess they can spell "railroad!
                I wondered of the Mods used 5W40 motor oil and the Supers got moved up to Jet engine synthetic.
                Brian T

Comment

What exactly are the responsibilities of a (Super) moderator?
                  Keep On Carvin'
                  Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

To be super, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
                      What exactly are the responsibilities of a (Super) moderator?
                      They leap over 'average' sized buildings in a single bound.

Most of them are older after all so we thought we'd give them a break. Lol
                      Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 10-08-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I knew it! They get to use synthetic oil. The viscosity doesn't change with age.
                        Brian T

Comment

Moderators review postings to make sure they are appropriate for this forum--no spam or junk, advertisements, or just plain wrong. We can move an inappropriate posting to an area where it can be reviewed by other mods or Bob D, or we can remove it. If it's really obvious, we can recommend the writer/poster be banned from the forum. If we have specific expertise, we are encouraged to jump in and share what we've learned "the hard way" from our years in carving. Mods were selected from different parts of the country (different time zones) with the thought that some would be up early to catch early posters and others would be up late to catch late ones. That's what I remember from when I was first asked to moderate. As the forum changed with the hacking, I went over a year without being able to log in or post--could only read. But, I'm lovin' this new one.
                          Donna_T
                          From Missouri

Comment

Originally posted by Donna_T View Post
                            Moderators review postings to make sure they are appropriate for this forum--no spam or junk, advertisements, or just plain wrong. We can move an inappropriate posting to an area where it can be reviewed by other mods or Bob D, or we can remove it. If it's really obvious, we can recommend the writer/poster be banned from the forum. If we have specific expertise, we are encouraged to jump in and share what we've learned "the hard way" from our years in carving. Mods were selected from different parts of the country (different time zones) with the thought that some would be up early to catch early posters and others would be up late to catch late ones. That's what I remember from when I was first asked to moderate. As the forum changed with the hacking, I went over a year without being able to log in or post--could only read. But, I'm lovin' this new one.
                            Donna_T
                            Thanks Donna. I had no idea so much organization went into moderating, nor did I realize how much work either. I suppose that' must be a testimont to how well you are all doing.

Thank you ALL for volunteering your time so that we may all have an enjoyable stay.

Comment

Working...
                            X