Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Aw but brent, it is defiantly gain momentum.

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    I must say that this board, forum or group (what ever your pleasure) is one of the best on the web. Several I have been on have come and gone for various reasons but this one has some very good people running and monitoring it. I'm sorry it took them so long to get it "fixed" and since I finally found my way back, am enjoying reading the posts again. It does seem to me tthat several are not here anymore for what ever reasons. It still seems to be a great source of info.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
    To paraphrase a well know ditty..................................

Mr. Trouble never hangs around
    When he hears this mighty sound...
    "Here I come to save the day!"
    That means that "Super Moderator" is on the way.
    Yes sir when there is a wrong to right
    "Super Moderator" will join the fight
    On the sea or on the land
    He gets the situation well in hand
    So though we are in danger
    We never despair
    Cause we know that where there's danger
    He is there!
    She is there!
    On the land!
    On the sea!
    In the air!
    We're not worryin' at all
    We're just listenin' for his or her call
    That means that "Super Moderator" is on the way!
    True to your name Eddy!
    I feel much safer here already

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    Wow Eddy, I feel so much better now.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    To paraphrase a well know ditty..................................

Mr. Trouble never hangs around
    When he hears this mighty sound...
    That means that "Super Moderator" is on the way.
    Yes sir when there is a wrong to right
    "Super Moderator" will join the fight
    On the sea or on the land
    He gets the situation well in hand
    So though we are in danger
    We never despair
    Cause we know that where there's danger
    He is there!
    She is there!
    On the land!
    On the sea!
    In the air!
    We're not worryin' at all
    We're just listenin' for his or her call
    That means that "Super Moderator" is on the way!

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Donna_T View Post
    Moderators review postings to make sure they are appropriate for this forum--no spam or junk, advertisements, or just plain wrong. We can move an inappropriate posting to an area where it can be reviewed by other mods or Bob D, or we can remove it. If it's really obvious, we can recommend the writer/poster be banned from the forum. If we have specific expertise, we are encouraged to jump in and share what we've learned "the hard way" from our years in carving. Mods were selected from different parts of the country (different time zones) with the thought that some would be up early to catch early posters and others would be up late to catch late ones. That's what I remember from when I was first asked to moderate. As the forum changed with the hacking, I went over a year without being able to log in or post--could only read. But, I'm lovin' this new one.
    Donna_T
    Thanks Donna. I had no idea so much organization went into moderating, nor did I realize how much work either. I suppose that' must be a testimont to how well you are all doing.

Thank you ALL for volunteering your time so that we may all have an enjoyable stay.

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    replied
    Moderators review postings to make sure they are appropriate for this forum--no spam or junk, advertisements, or just plain wrong. We can move an inappropriate posting to an area where it can be reviewed by other mods or Bob D, or we can remove it. If it's really obvious, we can recommend the writer/poster be banned from the forum. If we have specific expertise, we are encouraged to jump in and share what we've learned "the hard way" from our years in carving. Mods were selected from different parts of the country (different time zones) with the thought that some would be up early to catch early posters and others would be up late to catch late ones. That's what I remember from when I was first asked to moderate. As the forum changed with the hacking, I went over a year without being able to log in or post--could only read. But, I'm lovin' this new one.
    Donna_T

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    commented on 's reply
    Soggy, It's been awhile since I jumping over buildings--or even cracks in the sidewalk! And I never thought about it, but we are mostly all fossils! Made me laugh, though! Originally we were assigned a specific topic or two to watch--as well as all in general.

• Brian T
    replied
    I knew it! They get to use synthetic oil. The viscosity doesn't change with age.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
    What exactly are the responsibilities of a (Super) moderator?
    They leap over 'average' sized buildings in a single bound.

Most of them are older after all so we thought we'd give them a break. Lol
    Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 10-08-2016, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle
    replied
    To be super, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    What exactly are the responsibilities of a (Super) moderator?

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    All changed to Supermoderators? I guess they can spell "railroad!
    I wondered of the Mods used 5W40 motor oil and the Supers got moved up to Jet engine synthetic.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by BobD View Post
    Terry's right... Super moderators can moderate anywhere on the forum. With moderators, I need to assign them to specific sections. I don't think we have any regular moderators; I think I changed everyone over to super moderators.

Bob
    Thank you. Well THIS SITE's moderators are deserving of such a title.
    That sounds like such a suck up. LOL Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Soggy View Post
    I was thinking maybe a "Super Moderator" could jump over buildings in a single bound..............but when you look at the average age of the members on here I guess that's not gonn'a happen..........
    Hahahaha. That is hilarious and has made my day.
    Thank you.

I assumed it was an automated thing and had to do with post count, especially since so many of you shared the title. On another site I was at there was ONE moderator who changed his title himself. Of course he could leap over buildings in a single bound. If ya get what I'm sayin'. LOL!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X