Around The Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Carvingbarn
    I would miss the changing colors if I had to move to the gulf coast, some of the thing one does not want to be without
    Bruce

Comment

We are in a snow belt so get a bit extra. Wayne can't stand the stuff but I like the change of scenery.
      Like yourself, I too would REALLY miss the fabulous display of colours that nature provides in our area if we moved.
      I personally think the drastic seasonal changes are what makes us appreciate the next season coming. For me, Christmas with no snow just isn't Christmas. How the heck is Santa gonna pull his sleigh with no snow?

Comment

thx for sharing

Comment

Hi SW
          I guess we are going to have a white Christmas this year as we are heading to the snow capital of Newfoundland for Christmas and New Years, by the tome we get back next year I know I will have my fill of SNOW
          LOL
          Bruce

Comment

Hi copeau
            Thanks for sopping in to have a look at my neighborhood
            Bruce

Comment

Very pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post
                We are in a snow belt so get a bit extra. Wayne can't stand the stuff but I like the change of scenery.
                Like yourself, I too would REALLY miss the fabulous display of colours that nature provides in our area if we moved.
                I personally think the drastic seasonal changes are what makes us appreciate the next season coming. For me, Christmas with no snow just isn't Christmas. How the heck is Santa gonna pull his sleigh with no snow?
                You need to spend a Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere. I remember my grandparents baking a full roasted Christmas dinner in a tiny row-house in inner-city Sydney in 30+ C heat! Gives a very different flavour to Christmas

Comment

Hi Michelle
                  Thanks for dropping into the neighborhood for a visit, sorry I wasn't home LOL

Comment

Hi Steev
                    Some times when the wind and snow are causing all kinds of problems, I think I could handle that 30 C Christmas dinner
                    Bruce

Comment

I too would REALLY miss the fabulous display of colours that nature provides in our area if we moved.
                      When I left Ohio my favorite time of year was the fall.... all the beautiful trees and the seasons. But after getting here and listening to all the issues that come with it....I begin to appreciate the zero change of season. Your shoving snow, and I am taking a peaceful walk on the beach. That comes with a major issue, money......things are so costly here about 3 times the cost of living in most places in the mainland....,....that I am having a very hard time making it work. So no matter where you live there are major pros and cons. I love seeing the change of season here on the forum reminds me of times long ago ......thanks for the memories. Di
                      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Hi Dieon
                        Thanks for visiting my neighborhood, I guess we all have issues where ever we live. my wife and are considering moving to Newfoundland,her home province but it cost at leased 30 % more to live there because the high cost of getting essentials over there by ferry and by air. We are going over for Christmas and NewYears with open minds.
                        One of life goals is to visit your state before my time is up
                        Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steev View Post

You need to spend a Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere. I remember my grandparents baking a full roasted Christmas dinner in a tiny row-house in inner-city Sydney in 30+ C heat! Gives a very different flavour to Christmas
                          But that's just it. How do you roast a turkey in 30 degree weather? I'd be sweatin' bullets and there's only so much you can take off when it's hot . One can always add on more clothes if its cool.

My parents are in their '80's and drive down south for 6 months out of the year and love it. They used to sent Christmas cards of themselves on boat cruises.
                          I suppose you can always hire others to do the cooking & cleaning. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post
                            When I left Ohio my favorite time of year was the fall.... all the beautiful trees and the seasons. But after getting here and listening to all the issues that come with it....I begin to appreciate the zero change of season. Your shoving snow, and I am taking a peaceful walk on the beach. That comes with a major issue, money......things are so costly here about 3 times the cost of living in most places in the mainland....,....that I am having a very hard time making it work. So no matter where you live there are major pros and cons. I love seeing the change of season here on the forum reminds me of times long ago ......thanks for the memories. Di
                            In 10 or 15 years I might feel different but for now I still prefer the cold with the pretty. lol
                            I'll have to show some snowy Christmas scenes with me singing " I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. "

Comment

I'll have to show some snowy Christmas scenes with me singing " I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.
                              I am waiting for that one. I love winter in nature, watching it fall while your at a fireplace relaxing.....my bones hate any kind of cold, it drops in the 60s here and the pain level hits the ceiling.....so that is out for me.
                              . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Working...
                              X