Have a Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a Great Day

Wonderful weather.here cool evenings and warm days with low humidity. Drinking my coffee on the porch and the dog is getting her exercise trying to herd the squirrels gathering the acorns from the oak trees. The squirrels are winning. Hope you all have a great day!

Prediction of snow in the village but it's warmed up instead. Windy enough to clean my pellet stove chimney pipes outside.
    If I get the stove cleaned and lit for the winter, I'll call it a day and goof off.
    Brian T

Comment

Windy and damp here on the east coast of Canada . Temps are 13C ( 56F) so I won't be sitting on the porch watching squirrels or anything else for that matter. I'll spend the afternoon in the basement with a nice warm wood fire and do some carving ............ it's hard life but somebody's got to do it
      If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy View Post
        Windy and damp here on the east coast of Canada . Temps are 13C ( 56F) so I won't be sitting on the porch watching squirrels or anything else for that matter. I'll spend the afternoon in the basement with a nice warm wood fire and do some carving ............ it's hard life but somebody's got to do it
        13 degrees? It's 6 here today and the highest it goes to is 7.
        Autumn is definitely my favourite time of year but we live in the forest so leaf collection is a job soon to be done. Oh fun. Not!
        Our dogs chase the squirrels also but they aren't always so lucky. We have a yorkie who can hunt better than our cat. She makes persistence look like OCD.

Btw.... I got a notice stating someone posted in my thread and this isn't my thread .
        Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 10-24-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Hi SW
          I guess Soggy is in the warmer part of Nova Scotia today, my themometer is way up to 11 C, got the wood stove burning nice and slow, haven't turned up theheat in the shop(electric radiant heater), I can carve with a jacket on

Bruce

Comment

The last of summer is here.....86 degrees about each day. Still cutting down trees and getting ready for the hard winter rains. Winds are about 30, which feels great when doing yard and garden work. Just had a banana tree fall, bananas and all.....ground is too wet and bananas to heavy.....so I am drinking my chai tea and trying to wake up and talk myself into getting ready for the day. My cats are too lazy....they often sit there and whine when the birds are eating their cat food, lately it has been the darn Bufo frogs, also they love the cat food also.
            Last edited by Dileon; 10-24-2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Eddy-Smiles
              Eddy-Smiles commented
              Editing a comment
              Dileon.... I feel so sorry for you. Palm trees swaying. Bananas falling to the ground. You failed to mention the coconuts and pineapples..... Dang those Bufo frogs! They mess things up every time. Well, you can't have it all, even in paradise! <GRIN!>

Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
            Hi SW
            I guess Soggy is in the warmer part of Nova Scotia today, my themometer is way up to 11 C, got the wood stove burning nice and slow, haven't turned up theheat in the shop(electric radiant heater), I can carve with a jacket on

Bruce
            Yes sir image.jpeg
            Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 11-02-2016, 04:53 AM.

Comment

That pile of wood makes me sweat just looking at it whew
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Just checked the weather for Wednesday,they are talking about snow showers, geeze give me a break too early for that stuff
                Bruce

Comment

Hope every one enjoy's their day what ever the weather brings.

Comment

image_5092.jpg Its a rainy day....showers off and on ..... mountains are beautiful with the sun popping in and out with rainbows and waterfalls. Warm aloha from the islands, have a great day.
                    Last edited by Dileon; 10-26-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post
                      image_5092.jpg Its a rainy day....showers off and on ..... mountains are beautiful with the sun popping in and out with rainbows and waterfalls. Warm aloha from the islands, have a great day.
                      Are you serious Dileon? Is that your car rental from where you live?
                      Drool!!! That is really beautiful.
                      You live in Hawaii? Nice. Aren't you guys getting hurricanes and stuff lately?

Comment

Here in Northern Virginia (USA) it was 46 degrees driving into work this morning. Expected to get up into HI 60s. Winter is fast approaching. UGH Snow...be glad with summer is here again. Must say though, it is getting prettier as the trees are changing colors.

Comment

Currently hailing. Need I say more?
                          Our backyard. Taken from the back deck
                          image.jpeg
                          image.jpeg

Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 10-27-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

You live in Hawaii? Nice. Aren't you guys getting hurricanes and stuff lately?
                            Yes I live in Hawaii. And I live in the rain forest part of the islands in the country on a mountain. Yes we had a whole herd of hurricanes headed for us this hurricane season and last year.....they fizzled out before hitting us. All we got was the flash flooding from the outrageous rains. It was very stressful watching a CAT 4 hurricane headed straight for you and then die.....little relief and here comes the next one. The really bad weather here....although the last five years comes in the winter when we are not warned.....like 70 to 90 mile an hour wind storms.

Honestly the islands got the beauty and warm weather.....but it is very hard to live here..... as we are the highest cost of living in the US. Often we pay three times what you do in most cost. I came here mainly because this is where my heart is. An I want to die here. Fruit in the grocery store is average 3.99 a pound and can be see up to 7.99. Milk got so high ....most people stop drinking it. Electric is 3 time the cost of the mainland, those that have AC are not using it because they can not afford it. The elite rich around the world have houses here....causing more raise in cost. Our traffic is compared to LA ...you never get caught in it. Chinese have big money now....they are buying the real estate.....pretty soon I am going to have to learn Chinese. We are multi racial here.....from every nation and race and we live together next to each other. We have major population of feral cats, feral chickens, feral pigs....and Bufo frogs and rats, but no snakes or poison ivy. Every 40 years you need to rebuild because of mold, termites, extreme sun exposure and humidity. Another major concern the homeless .....they are building shanty towns of tents....the new crown of the very poor, that is growing big time. Who are poor, lately it is seniors that health care has taken all their money.
                            Last edited by Dileon; 10-27-2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X