No announcement yet.

Have a Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o/c, approx 45F and a breeze. Summer is officially over. I've cleaned and lit the wood pellet stove to heat for the winter.
    If he shows up today or tomorrow, the gardener guy will get the flower beds & long grass, etc, cleaned off.
    Good Morning!
    Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post

Btw.... I got a notice stating someone posted in my thread and this isn't my thread .
      I get those when I've subscribed to a thread....maybe that's the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post
        Yes I live in Hawaii. And I live in the rain forest part of the islands in the country on a mountain. Yes we had a whole herd of hurricanes headed for us this hurricane season and last year.....they fizzled out before hitting us. All we got was the flash flooding from the outrageous rains. It was very stressful watching a CAT 4 hurricane headed straight for you and then die.....little relief and here comes the next one. The really bad weather here....although the last five years comes in the winter when we are not warned.....like 70 to 90 mile an hour wind storms.

Honestly the islands got the beauty and warm weather.....but it is very hard to live here..... as we are the highest cost of living in the US. Often we pay three times what you do in most cost. I came here mainly because this is where my heart is. An I want to die here. Fruit in the grocery store is average 3.99 a pound and can be see up to 7.99. Milk got so high ....most people stop drinking it. Electric is 3 time the cost of the mainland, those that have AC are not using it because they can not afford it. The elite rich around the world have houses here....causing more raise in cost. Our traffic is compared to LA ...you never get caught in it. Chinese have big money now....they are buying the real estate.....pretty soon I am going to have to learn Chinese. We are multi racial here.....from every nation and race and we live together next to each other. We have major population of feral cats, feral chickens, feral pigs....and Bufo frogs and rats, but no snakes or poison ivy. Every 40 years you need to rebuild because of mold, termites, extreme sun exposure and humidity. Another major concern the homeless .....they are building shanty towns of tents....the new crown of the very poor, that is growing big time. Who are poor, lately it is seniors that health care has taken all their money.
        Hey Dileon,
        I can relate to wanting to live where your heart is and certainly can't blame you for wanting to stay there. It's beautiful. I did not realize the cost of living was so high yet it doesn't surprise me since it's a tourist attraction.
        Sharing home life with feral cats chickens and pigs sounds challenging and I truly feel for your homeless. I feel for all homeless people but to grow old and not have a place to lay your head at night is haunting.
        I'm certainly glad you're ok where you live

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post

I get those when I've subscribed to a thread....maybe that's the issue?
          That's exactly what happened. I somehow ended up subscribing to this thread but didn't know how I did it. Lol
          thanks Michelle

Comment

Piddled rain in the night. Sun's up and could be a cold but fine day. Good Morning.
            Brian T

Comment

Thrashing hard wind all night. Somebody to the south of us may have run out of air = we got it all.
              Brian T

Comment

Hi RV .. i too like the 4 seasons, this season is too short though. i wonder how many bandaids i would be wearing if i had scenery to look at like Dileon has. I would be distracted i think.
                Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

I hope you all have a great weekend,looks like cool and rainy on the central Gulf Coast. Welcome weather after a long hot summer.
                  We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                  https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Welll...... The weather outside is frightful
                    but the fire is so delightful
                    but since there's no where to go
                    Let it snow
                    let it snow
                    let it snow

Comment

SW... you're Canada right? I bet you certainly get your fair share of snow piles too.....!
                      Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
                        SW... you're Canada right? I bet you certainly get your fair share of snow piles too.....!
                        You bet. Last Friday was a Snow Day so all the schools were closed. We happen to live on the bus route so normally our road is one of the first cleared. Not Friday it wasn't. These pictures were the start of the day.
                        Luckily our neighbour is very young with some amazing snow removal equipment and likes us. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yep! Our postal service was down. In fact our little town of 2,000 people was down. It's not even THAT much snow but it was a lot that came down quickly. Within 24 hours we had over 2 1/2 feet of snow that we weren't prepared for. But then again, ...... Who ever is?
                        Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-11-2016, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Hi Nikki
                          I am glad we don't have more then 2 cm of snow on the ground, having the flu for over week is enough of winter for me already, I still have to rearange my shed , get the snow blower out from behind the lawn tractor, put them back in in reverse order,oh well maybe i will get it all done Tuesday. I like your pics of the snow, so clean looking
                          Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
                            Hi Nikki
                            I am glad we don't have more then 2 cm of snow on the ground, having the flu for over week is enough of winter for me already, I still have to rearange my shed , get the snow blower out from behind the lawn tractor, put them back in in reverse order,oh well maybe i will get it all done Tuesday. I like your pics of the snow, so clean looking
                            Bruce
                            The weather bureau was calling for some major snow a few weeks ago so I made sure to do the tractor snow blower shuffle, I've only started it the once to check that it still runs after sitting idle all summer. So far, we've had it pretty mild.

Comment

We got 5" of snow, then it started raining. Our house is old, it was built before the 4 lane highway was put in front of it. Our garage and driveway set lower than the highway. We have a snow removal service, but the guy was new and piled the snow along the edge of the driveway. We had a river coming down the highway and into our garage, into our back room and right down to the basement. This old lady was bailing as fast as I could but making no headway. So I called for help. I am so glad there are people out there that come in with big vacuums and suck every thing up. Now we have big fans running to dry things up. With plaster and lath walls, this isn't going to be pretty. But today is looking better, and the coffee pot is on.

Comment

We got 0.03" of rain so far
                                . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                                X