Have a Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sappy View Post
    We got 5" of snow, then it started raining. Our house is old, it was built before the 4 lane highway was put in front of it. Our garage and driveway set lower than the highway. We have a snow removal service, but the guy was new and piled the snow along the edge of the driveway. We had a river coming down the highway and into our garage, into our back room and right down to the basement. This old lady was bailing as fast as I could but making no headway. So I called for help. I am so glad there are people out there that come in with big vacuums and suck every thing up. Now we have big fans running to dry things up. With plaster and lath walls, this isn't going to be pretty. But today is looking better, and the coffee pot is on.
    Oh my goodness sappy dear. That's some serious stuff you've got going on there.
    What a shame. Those big shop vac type of systems work great for water damage BUT I hope the root of the problem gets resolved so it doesn't become a continual problem. Water damage is serious because it brings about rot and mould issues. On their own they are bad enough but they can be deadly on autoimmune diseases. I send thoughts and prayers your way.
    Take care sappy.
    Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-11-2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
      Hi Nikki
      I am glad we don't have more then 2 cm of snow on the ground, having the flu for over week is enough of winter for me already, I still have to rearange my shed , get the snow blower out from behind the lawn tractor, put them back in in reverse order,oh well maybe i will get it all done Tuesday. I like your pics of the snow, so clean looking
      Bruce
      We didn't get our lawn tractor in the shed soon enough so this was the solution for now.
      image.jpeg He's such a goof but he keeps me amused. LOL
      Its sure real pretty especially just before Christmas . I don't mind staring at this
      image.jpeg
      Attached Files

Comment

It's a winter wonderland here.
        Isn't it pretty?This is our front lawn today.
        image.jpeg
        Over the last week we've had well over 3 feet of snow.
        Its up to my thigh deep. This is me after shovelling paths around the house.

image.jpeg
        Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-15-2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Beautiful where you are! Maybe 6" snow on the ground here and -28C again this AM but a sunny day.
          I bought a ton of pellets for the wood stove the other day (primary winter heat source) and the oil guy was here this morning
          to fiill the furnace tank. I am good to go!

I forget what time of year this is. Autumn, probably. My breakfast scenery. They never seem to change from one winter to the next.
          Brian T

Comment

Hi Nikki, You are Right that sure is Pretty in your Yard and Not Mine. We got about 1/8 " last Sunday, Mother took care of it and Melted it. Thought I was going to get out the Shovel, Pheeew!!! Ha,Ha. We are Cold here in Maryland, going down to 13 degs. tonight. Will need another Blanket. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
              Hi Nikki, You are Right that sure is Pretty in your Yard and Not Mine. We got about 1/8 " last Sunday, Mother took care of it and Melted it. Thought I was going to get out the Shovel, Pheeew!!! Ha,Ha. We are Cold here in Maryland, going down to 13 degs. tonight. Will need another Blanket. Merle
              Ha! 13 degrees? It's going down to -21 degrees for us.
              I'm unusual in that I actually like it. Its peaceful and serene. Soothing even.
              Its pretty. It's fun. Of course if you aren't driving in it
              I rarely if ever drive and anyone within earshot of me will give me dirty looks when they here me . Lol

Comment

That's sure a nice view RV. I bet you never get bored of that.
                Ive been meaning to ask you for a while now
                McBride? Isn't that the town that rescued those horses that were trapped in the snow?
                They made a movie about it and usually show it this time of year @ Christmas.
                Sweet story.
                Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-15-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Hi Nikki: Yeah, looks like that all around my house. The mountains on the east side of the house are so close that you have to sit down in the living room to see the tops.
                  I have an elk roast in the oven for supper.

The horses. That was black news. Was a Edmonton AB lawyer who thought he was a guide. He was supposed to rendez-vous with some marathon hikers. Dumb bugger got lost in the Renshaw.
                  Turned a couple of pack horses loose, imagining that they would find their own way to lower ground. Didn't happen. The Mt Renshaw is one of the most desirable and dangerous snowmobiling destinations in all of North America. Many die there. Anyway, some sled-heads found the horses starving to death. -25C and the volunteers dug a mile(?) of trench to walk Belle & Sundance out to safety. Was dozens if not hundreds of sled heads ready to pack in _anything_ needed for the horses and the diggers. It got done as you know. I was in Edmonton so all I could do was read.

Pseudo-guide went to court to get his horses back! Court said " naye, and what's more, for your own personal health and safety, never show your face in McBride again for the rest of your life.

Sled-Head. noun. A man, 25 - 45 yrs of age with far more money than brains. Spent $70,000 on the new truck. Big enough sled trailer ($20K) to sleep in, plus tricked up snowmobile ($20K) that's melting beside the bed. Many sleds have NOX boost, you can get your bottles filled in the village. You can rent avalanche beacons (Pieps) at the Husky gas station.

So many have died here in avalanches in the past 15 years that we can profile the dead without details.
                  However, things have changed in the last few years. It's now trendy to be seen in your snomobile suit in the village AND still wearing your Avalung.
                  No guarantee but we need to find your body before the wolves dig you up.
                  Brian T

Comment

That quite the view. It must be nice living that close to the mountains.

The horse story is wonderful. It's got the villain and it's got the beautiful creatures and the Heroes who saved them. That's one movie I can watch over and over again. I love how at the end of the movie they actually edited it to add in parts of the real story. Of course I cry every single time. I watch it.

Its a great reminder that for every jerk there's a hundred kind loving souls within our human race.

Comment

At the end of the day, it was the horse women in the valley who wanted to have more than words with that guy, out behind the barn.
                      Couple of them, there's still steam coming out of their collars.
                      Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                        At the end of the day, it was the horse women in the valley who wanted to have more than words with that guy, out behind the barn.
                        Couple of them, there's still steam coming out of their collars.
                        I'd be right there with them. Some people don't deserve the air they breathe and should be strung up by the ...........
                        I almost lost it on a guy who was neglecting and abusing animals. It took everything I had in me to refrain from ripping the guys face off.

Comment

All you need to do is to set the SPCA loose on the offender. The SPCA have defined legal and legislated powers which should scare the crapola out of any animal abuser.
                          Probly why those cases appear to be resolved so quickly. So much of the legal horse-puckey stuff simply does not interfere.

Did you know that the RSPCA acts for the welfare of children involved in labor situations?
                          The worst nightmare imaginable. Gotta love it.

Mountains? Yes, I do like it here. This is Jasper without the crowds and the prices. I grew up on the prairies = Canada & Australia.
                          The village size, the amenities and the people made my final choice for a retirement place. I bought a really nice house, dirt cheap.
                          The few major logging roads run up all the side valleys. Most every sort of wildlife is 15-20 minutes from the house
                          (if you don't count the deer that crap on my front doorstep in the middle of the night.)
                          Here's where I play:

Last edited by Brian T; 12-15-2016, 09:20 PM.
                          Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                            All you need to do is to set the SPCA loose on the offender. The SPCA have defined legal and legislated powers which should scare the crapola out of any animal abuser.
                            Probly why those cases appear to be resolved so quickly. So much of the legal horse-puckey stuff simply does not interfere.

Did you know that the RSPCA acts for the welfare of children involved in labor situations?
                            The worst nightmare imaginable. Gotta love it.
                            I did not know the SPCA did such things. It was a bit of an odd situation that happened almost 30 years ago.
                            I was asked to look after a dog and her 8 pups for a long weekend. They were in a crawl space basement and this guys buddy was supposed to have looked after them for the 4 days prior to this . He didn't. I won't go into what the situation entailed but when I saw this guy and he laughed it off like it was no big deal I saw red. I think if I hadn't refrained myself from losing it I might have killed him. I experienced one of those black out moments that wasn't drug or alcohol induced; just emotionally charged.

I should have called SPCA. In fact I had an obligation to do so and I didn't. It will forever haunt me.
                            It's one of those moments in my life i wish i could do over

Ok change the topic please
                            Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-15-2016, 09:28 PM.

Comment

That's quite the view you have., It reminds me of a painting I did.
                              image.jpeg Mountains are so majestic and magnificent. They have always fascinated us humans

Comment

Don't ever let hindsight eat you = poison. Move on. Carve stuff and play in the mountains.
                                I take company "game spotting." I know where to find the goats and the sheep.
                                Big spotting scope to watch. Nikon Prostaff 82mm/20 - 60X. Maybe we find bears and porcupines.

Was Thanksgiving. Watched an adult Lynx pair supervise their kittens playing in the grass, 10 minutes and we moved on.
                                Beaver in ponds are fun to watch from above. I get lucky and shoot some birds for a grand supper.
                                Brian T

Comment

Working...
                                X