No announcement yet.

Have a Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well folks , our area is in rough shape, an ice storm over a week ago has caused destruction that I could barely fathom when I returned home. We lost power at our daughters where I was recovering, for about 63 hours, but once back home, which is 90 min North, the devastation is difficult to describe. Ice inches thick still covers every tree, bush, house, and field. Power poles lay along the road, snapped off by their hundreds, with power lines scattered over peoples front lawns and transformers damaged laying everywhere. 135,00 were without power at first, and now, over a week later, about 8,000 remain without power. But we are a resilient bunch, up here in the North Woods of New Brunswick, we make do and survive. ***** and complain in both official languages, yes, but survive we will. Unfortunately, four folks using heaters, BBQ's or generators unsafely, died as result and over 40 ended up in hospital across the province because of carbon monoxide poisoning. Life can be tough here in the Maritimes.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Hi Bob
      Sounds like you are in the same shape Quebec was a few years back, I worked at wood preserving plant in Truro at that time, we punched a lot of hours extra to get poles delivered to the restorations crews, I guess the guys at the plant are making sure there are new poles ready to get you folks back ton the grid
      Hang in there, be cautious and safe
      Bruce

Comment

You will get through it, Bob. We went through that blockbuster in 1998 that took out Eastern Ontario, Quebec, and parts of Northern New York. Except for some visible damage to old trees, you would hardly know anything happened. Keep your chin up! Cheers.

Comment

I really don't know what your going through, never been in that predicament. Sure hope things get turned around for you and yours.
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Supper day here today. light clouds, 72 with a little breezes.

Sorry Bob. I lived though some bad Ice storms in Texas panhandle many years ago. They are really destructive. Hope things are getting back to normal for you and your community.
            We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
            https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Here are some images from my yard and neighbourhood, this is 12 days after the storm.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 5 photos.
              Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Yesterday was vog day as you can see Honolulu....that is not smog it is vog.....or volcanic ash. As the big island waterfalls lava into the ocean on the big island, alot of people stayed inside. Today we have 50 mile hour gust and trees going down, and coconuts flying in the air.....dangerous.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Good morning . Looks like great weather in the central gulf coast. low to mid 70's today. It is our Mardi Gras season. Many of the nights the next two weeks will be filled with crazy street parades, dances and a wee bit of drinking. Mobile is where the first Mardi Gras was held. How ever the New Orleans party gets all the press. There is more debauchery over there. We are a bit more family friendly in Mobile.
                  We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                  https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Dileon... That VOG must also be hard on the air filters like in your car or house hvac?? that'd be something us mainlanders would hardly even think of.
                    Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Ha. WX warming up to a couple of weeks of daytime highs well above freezing.
                      Meanwhile, the winter storms along the 49th, the US border, have hammered everyone.
                      Good friend measured 60" snow outside his door after 48hrs. Says it's raining now.
                      Hope he has a strong roof.
                      Brian T

Comment

Wow! Kind of make out 12" of snow look like flurries! God bless you and the family, Bob! Stay safe! Winter Storm 2-9-17 A.jpg
                        Keep On Carvin'
                        Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

8AM, breezy, o/c, but already melting. The biggest drift in the back yard was maybe 6' high has slumped a foot overnight.
                          12" is OK when you're retired. No rush to go anywhere. Has to warm up to snow here so go out and trudge around in it, shovel off the doorstep.
                          Get back into the house quickly so as not to dehydrate from lack of coffee.
                          Last edited by Brian T; 02-12-2017, 01:01 PM. Reason: It's winter.
                          Brian T

Comment

Eighty degrees and sunny here. Went to a kids birthday party today and the boys were running around outside with shirts off shooting Nerf guns at each other. Nice for February, but does not bode well for the coming summer.
                            Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
                              Dileon... That VOG must also be hard on the air filters like in your car or house hvac?? that'd be something us mainlanders would hardly even think of.
                              The vog does not get that bad to clog things up......mostly on occasion it looks like a bad fog but we have trade winds blowing at least 15 to 20mph.....keeps the air moving out to sea. Things that are hard to deal with is the salt air and humid conditions, rusts everything. Right now we are getting cold fronts coming in.....the high winds.....gust up to 70 mph.....wrecks havoc with the trees and power lines......cold front temp... is in the low 60s.......and you can see many of us with hats and jackets freezing....smile.

Comment

13126034_G.jpg Today I was shopping at a near town......came out of the grocery store which had the doors broken from the wind.....then I saw a gust hit a elderly women and knocked her down, bunch of people ran to help her and then a another gust hit a man and down he went as other assisted him. I had a hard time getting to my car....all the way home trees are falling. This storm we had no idea it was coming.......... 13113829_G.jpg13125710_G.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X