Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dileon
    replied
    14 tropical storms and seven hurricanes are expected in the Eastern Pacific this 2017 season, one less than normal for both categories. Looks like we may rock and roll again for the third year.....coming soon. Looks like the mainland may get some major ones also .....worst then a decade they say. I just shake my head. Guess it could be worst ...we could be going into the next ice age, because the heat.

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    The temperature up here involves a 7 but it doesn't have a zero with it , it's - 7c ( 17 Fahrenheit ) so there's no doubt about it, it's a carving day (down in the basement next to the wood stove ).......... Spring is supposed to only be couple of weeks away, but it sure don't feel like it...

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Looks like another great day on the gulf coast. sunny and 70's in the forecast. But the warm winter is fueling speculation of a active hurricane season. Baring any honey do's IT looks like a wonderful day to carve..

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    This one is from the east.......although there maybe another Northern blow in weeks that is what seems to push the pineapple express.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Wonder if we are going to get another Pineapple express hit us here in NV. We've had almost 10" so far since Jan1, 7-1/3" is about our annual average

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    It is raining so hard....can not see anything..... cant see.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Great day in Mobile. Mid to upper 70's today. Light breeze. Think that calls taking the work mate out of the shop and working on some walking sticks under the trees. Hope your day is a great one what ever the weather.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Left early spring in the Ozarks for late spring in Wylie, TX. We will be here for a couple of weeks getting our "urban fix". Plus attending the McKinney Woodcarving group and the Texas Woodcarvers Guild show in nearby Grapevine.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Over the past week, we have endured three .... count them ..... 3 severe snowstorms. On top of the snow and ice we had before, we have over a full meter, (that's 3 feet for you imperial folks) dropped on us in total this week alone. I thank God I have good neighbours, cause I can't shovel. Right now I can just get the door open enough for our Husky to get out to do her business. Of course, she is loving it, the more the merrier for her! Maybe soon I'll be able to get out and take a picture, but right now, the snow is too deep!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    We do not have snow but on the big island mountain....but the hurricanes, tsunami, volcano, and earthquakes make up for it all.....LOL I remember when I left the mainland....it was 21 below zero the whole month of Jan....it snow so bad that my mom and nurse was air lifted and taken to work, when they did finally plow the roads....it was at least five feet wall on both sides. Going outside to chop wood for my wood burning stove...was very memorable.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Glad you are OK Dileon. We had some trees downed by straight line winds a few weeks back. I have not done it for a while but I have gone out after a hurricane and gotten wood from the clean up crews, the grains in the large old trees is really nice.

Leave a comment:

• scotia carver
    replied
    Hi Dileon
    Our neighbours down the street are in Hawaii until Thursday, here are a few pic of what they are coming home to LOL, It has been snowing and blowing for the past 24 hours with no indication it is going to stop any time soon, I am guess in we have about two feet of white stuff on the ground, schools have been closed for two days so far this week, highways were closed last night, people were stuck in their cars. This is not our usual weather, we are getting closer to spring every day.
    Have a fun day, carve something LOL
    Bruce
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    13126034_G.jpg Today I was shopping at a near town......came out of the grocery store which had the doors broken from the wind.....then I saw a gust hit a elderly women and knocked her down, bunch of people ran to help her and then a another gust hit a man and down he went as other assisted him. I had a hard time getting to my car....all the way home trees are falling. This storm we had no idea it was coming.......... 13113829_G.jpg13125710_G.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
    Dileon... That VOG must also be hard on the air filters like in your car or house hvac?? that'd be something us mainlanders would hardly even think of.
    The vog does not get that bad to clog things up......mostly on occasion it looks like a bad fog but we have trade winds blowing at least 15 to 20mph.....keeps the air moving out to sea. Things that are hard to deal with is the salt air and humid conditions, rusts everything. Right now we are getting cold fronts coming in.....the high winds.....gust up to 70 mph.....wrecks havoc with the trees and power lines......cold front temp... is in the low 60s.......and you can see many of us with hats and jackets freezing....smile.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Eighty degrees and sunny here. Went to a kids birthday party today and the boys were running around outside with shirts off shooting Nerf guns at each other. Nice for February, but does not bode well for the coming summer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X