Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the little bar code meter under my avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the little bar code meter under my avatar?

just noticed it, must have been asleep all this time- says I'm a 'jewel in the rough'?
    Buffalo Bif
    www.bflobif.com

At the bottom of each post there is a "like" button, along with the "flag" and "quote" button". The bar code reflects the amount of "likes" your posts have had. I have never thought much of the idea, whether here or on social media like Facebook, as it creates this kind of competition to get likes which has no real meaning but is used as a form of bragging rights.

Comment

Thanks for the info, always wondered what the point of it was all about
      Bruce

Comment

I try to LIKE every post someone makes that doesn't have a full meter. That way, it happens sooner and everyone is equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
          I try to LIKE every post someone makes that doesn't have a full meter. That way, it happens sooner and everyone is equal.
          I do also but Steev makes a great point.

Comment

Like everything. Fill up the bar codes = how silly. I want a green one.
            Does it take a long time to learn how to carve one of those?
            Brian T

Comment

Attached Files
              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

That's more like it! Thanks, soggy. I fleece better already.
                Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Steev View Post
                  At the bottom of each post there is a "like" button, along with the "flag" and "quote" button". The bar code reflects the amount of "likes" your posts have had. I have never thought much of the idea, whether here or on social media like Facebook, as it creates this kind of competition to get likes which has no real meaning but is used as a form of bragging rights.
                  I agree with Steev. I suppose they have their place on Facebook, I don't know, but I don't see how they benefit the forum.
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X