Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I Want for Christmas is My NEW Front Teeth

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All I Want for Christmas is My NEW Front Teeth

    No seriously, I do.
    Next month I'm getting 2 caps replaced because my dental insurance covers most of the cost of them and I have decided to get 3 veneers done. I've never had veneers before and I'm excited about it but a bit concerned. I'll definitely need to talk this over with my dentist because I'm a biter. Lol ! I grind my teeth at night. I think I'm going to need to get a mouth guard made.
    Another thing I'm really concerned about is how this will affect my singing. My entire ambrechure is being changed so space and vibration will be different . I really enjoy singing and happen to like my voice so I truly hope it doesn't affect this aspect of my life.

    Anybody bold enough to admit they have veneers and do you have any advice about getting them?

  • #2
    Hi SW
    Are you looking for a new manager or a new record deal?
    Go for implants, they are cheap
    Bruce



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
      Hi SW
      Are you looking for a new manager or a new record deal?
      Go for implants, they are cheap
      Bruce


      Yes but far more painful. Then I have to have my teeth pulled don't I? I'm not too big on that idea. I'm looking for better looking teeth without paying a fortune and without being tortured

      Comment


      • #4
        According to all my research dental implants is surgery, it's more expensive and much more painful.



        My veneers are $1000 each
        The capped teeth are 80% paid for
        In January I can get the other top tooth fixed and possibly 2 others. Then the year after the other 3.

        I'm not looking for perfection. I'd just like to be able to smile again, confidently and I'd like my teeth to last a while.

        Don't implants hurt?

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi SW
          As I am older then dirt and played hockey when I was a couple years younger then my present age before face masks . etc ,I had some gaps the needed to be filled with a partial plate, after have an ill fitted one. I opted to have a couple of implants to secure the plate in my mouth( the implants are toothless)it was the best solution to have teeth that looked like real ones and felt like real ones as far as chewing food. Not everone can have them as it is dependant on the state of the jaw bone, they are not painful to install,but a very good option if the need arises
          Bruce

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
            Hi SW
            As I am older then dirt and played hockey when I was a couple years younger then my present age before face masks . etc ,I had some gaps the needed to be filled with a partial plate, after have an ill fitted one. I opted to have a couple of implants to secure the plate in my mouth( the implants are toothless)it was the best solution to have teeth that looked like real ones and felt like real ones as far as chewing food. Not everone can have them as it is dependant on the state of the jaw bone, they are not painful to install,but a very good option if the need arises
            Bruce
            For teeth spaces where there are teeth missing this would be a good option but my teeth aren't missing and no dentist is going to pull out teeth that aren't rotting to add implants. They have a code of ethics also but implants are generally 2 to 3 times more than veneers. My teeth are just so small; they are like baby teeth and since I grind them they are getting smaller and smaller.
            I'm not looking for that chicklet perfect teeth smile; just something nicer than what I've got with the least amount of pain and this was the choice I came up with.

            I always bring up the worst topics.

            Comment


            • #7
              A good woodcarver would carve their own teeth. Just saying...
              Terry

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                A good woodcarver would carve their own teeth. Just saying...
                Clearly I'm not a good woodcarver. Just sayin'

                Comment


                • #9
                  SW, not to worry! I've veneered lots of furniture, and my singing hasn't changed a bit!..My church still pays me an annual stipend not to join the choir.
                  Arthur

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
                    SW, not to worry! I've veneered lots of furniture, and my singing hasn't changed a bit!..My church still pays me an annual stipend not to join the choir.
                    lol! I guess I should have expected as much. LOL ! Nothing like blackmailing the church .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
                      SW, not to worry! I've veneered lots of furniture, and my singing hasn't changed a bit!..My church still pays me an annual stipend not to join the choir.
                      Where is your church? I could use some extra income.
                      Terry

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nomad View Post

                        Where is your church? I could use some extra income.
                        LMAO!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hi SW
                          Terry just want some extra income to buy some good sipping stuff lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
                            Hi SW
                            Terry just want some extra income to buy some good sipping stuff lol
                            I agree. Lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              So I went for my scheduled appointment yesterday to get my 5 teeth done and my dentist suddenly says I've got a complicated situation and says that if he does these teeth there's no guarantee hat 5 years later my gums won't recede back and make my teeth look bad. Wth? One of my fang teeth is a bit high sooooo his solution to this was to schedule me in to get my gums cut so all my teeth line up.

                              What the heck is this guy thinking?

                              I was all psyched and prepared to get FIVE new teeth done and one in the beginning of the year and he tosses this idea my way.

                              I've already told them I don't want to do it but they have an appointment for me on Friday.
                              I'm now not feeling too confident with my dentist and think I'm going to pass on the entire thing. What upsets me the most is my dentist only practices once a week here so getting appointments to see him isn't always easy. The days I had booked were the only days available so I could get the lab work done. I followed through on the plan all year. Considering I have $2000 insurance a year, planning this out and sticking to the plan is crucial. My dentist just isn't on the same page as me. In fact he's reading a completely different book.

                              How would you guys feel?
                              Any ideas?
                              Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-15-2016, 06:14 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X