No announcement yet.

All I Want for Christmas is My NEW Front Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And perhaps I'm more cynical than others but here's my translation of the whole thing.

Due to your age and some periodontal disease you have an area that is receding which could be problematic down the road since it could recede some more.
    Let's cut away at yours gums and make them all like that so you forever will be having these issues.

I've been told I have a real gummy smile. In other words my teeth are small and my mouth is.... Well.... Big. Lol !
    Soooooo I figure I've got lots of room for teeth to recede if that's going to happen but why would I want to pay someone money to make that happen sooner?
    Besides which my teeth aren't that bad. Due to circumstances outside my control I have had to have three caps done and the fang caps are the kind that have metal in them. One doesn't fit properly and they both are showing that ridge at the top which makes them look unattractive. I'd like to just have these two redone and don't care that ones higher than the other. One ear is higher than the other and I have other parts that don't match up but that's part of being human. We aren't meant to be equally proportioned and I'm actually perfectly ok with that.

I think as soon as I mentioned new caps, the staff here figured they'd push for more which is unfortunate because it's difficult enough having to trust the people who do this work.
    Why do people have to push the envelope?

Comment

Seems like you have some serious concerns so I would think about getting a second opinion.
      Terry

Comment

Tell him to "practice" on someone else..

Tinwood

Comment

When I saw your 'Topic' title I thought it was a carving you were working on...hee hee....well what ever you decide I'm sure you will look beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
            Seems like you have some serious concerns so I would think about getting a second opinion.
            Yes I think I'm going to do just that. It's too bad because I really like their dental hygienist. She's got OCD regarding her teeth cleaning role and is an awesome person. I think even if I get a new dentist I'll keep her as my hygienist.

My teeth are actually is good shape and aren't hurting me so I think I can be content with that. Thanks Terry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinwood View Post
              Tell him to "practice" on someone else..

Tinwood
              Yeah! He lost me when he pulled out the perfect teeth chart explaining that my teeth didn't line up.
              I'm almost 57 and my teeth never lined up.
              I'm really self conscious of the darker line above the caps and my teeth could perhaps be whiter but otherwise they don't look that bad and I'm not into cutting myself unless it's to save my life - gums included.

Thanks for the support Tinwood

Comment

Originally posted by Mottles View Post
                When I saw your 'Topic' title I thought it was a carving you were working on...hee hee....well what ever you decide I'm sure you will look beautiful.
                Lol Nope! That's why it's in the OFF TOPIC section. It's just me obsessing about my teeth but considering I was going to get 5 worked on how would I not be? Lol

Thanks for the support all the same
                Right now we have snow up to my thigh and our road hasn't been cleared yet so I probably wouldn't have been able to get there anyway but I'm definitely not going

Instead of being disappointed about not getting new teeth I'm actually relieved with all the savings I'll be getting. Several thousand dollars. It's such a relief. Now I'll still have my safety fund intact.

Comment

Snow up to your thigh and waiting for the road to be cleared! Yikkes, I wouldn't know how to deal with that much snow. We are about an hour West of Flagstaff, AZ. at 5200 elevation and get some snow...nothing like you have for sure. Always good when you can save some money on a procedure.
                  Your wolf avatar is just beautiful did you draw it?

Comment

image.jpeg
                    Originally posted by Mottles View Post
                    Snow up to your thigh and waiting for the road to be cleared! Yikkes, I wouldn't know how to deal with that much snow. We are about an hour West of Flagstaff, AZ. at 5200 elevation and get some snow...nothing like you have for sure. Always good when you can save some money on a procedure.
                    Your wolf avatar is just beautiful did you draw it?
                    Check it out . Snow is way up past my boots.
                    image.jpeg

That first picture is of our front lawn. Pretty huh?
                    I just love it.

No I didn't draw the Wolfe avatar pic. I shamelessly scooped it off the internet. Oddly enough I can actually draw

Thanks though ... Lol

Comment

Being a woman and all, you know how we can change our mind? Well I did. I talked this over with my dentist and we decided to just replace my two eye teeth or fang teeth so today I have my temporary caps on and they already look better than my last permanent ones. Another huge consideration is that these last caps had metal in them and I'm not ok with that any more. I've been on a mission to get rid of as much metal in my mouth as I can and I'm almost there.

My dentist also will bill me one tooth for this year and one for next year to keep my costs down since my insurance pays 80%

AND they put a rush through and will have my two permanent ones done by the 23th sooooo..... I'll have TWO NEW FRONT teeth for Christmas. I'm sooooo HAPPY.
                      My SMILE looks BETTER already with no gum cutting
                      YAYyyy!

Comment

Hi Nikki
                        I guess there really is a Santa and he has a dental practise,glad things are going your way, all the best for the holiday season
                        Bruce

Comment

Sounds good Nikki!
                          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
                            Hi Nikki
                            I guess there really is a Santa and he has a dental practise,glad things are going your way, all the best for the holiday season
                            Bruce
                            Thanks Bruce. I'm so very very pleased about this. I've hated those teeth the day I got them and not from lack of proper dentistry but from poor lab work.
                            Now I'm smiling all the time.
                            Its the best Christmas gift ever.
                            I'm going to make a gift for them.
                            Maybe make some sugary sweet gingerbread cookies decorated with candy. LOL
                            I'll think of something.
                            I've gotta get back into carving.
                            Thanks again Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                              Sounds good Nikki!
                              Thanks Terry!

Comment

I got my new front teeth today and they look amazing. They are so much brighter than my last ones and they really make me look different in a positive way. I'm so happy about this. It's surprising what adjustments can be made to boost ones confidence. It's hard to be in a bad mood when you're smilng all the time.
                                I gave them the biggest tin of Quality Street Chocolates so they could pull all their fillings out. LOL

Happy happy happy

Comment

Working...
                                X