HAPPY NEW YEAR and wish me luck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY NEW YEAR and wish me luck.

Here we are entering yet another new year, and our carving community is thriving and active. I have enjoyed the companionship of so many carvers from so far and wide, I would like to say "Thank You" for that friendship. I have made many friends here on our forum, Paul and I chat regularly, and I miss my chats with our passed friend Whitecree. This year I start the year with a challenge, I go for surgery on Jan. 10, for prostate cancer. 2016 was a tough year, and 2017 is starting out tougher, but, this too shall pass, they found it early and are confidant of success. With my luck, I just wish I was as confident. LOL

So if you don't hear from me for a while, don't worry, I'll be back, and posting as usual. I might even get some carving done during recovery, I sure have done lots sitting in waiting rooms waiting for tests to start or results. My Dad had this and beat it, so I will too. My Mom and Sister lost their battle, six months apart, from the bloody wrath of the disease, so they are all up there rooting for me. You may find it odd that I post this, but I have made many friends here on the forum over the past 18 years I have been here, you are my social life, and mean a lot to me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and wish me luck.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Happy New Year to you also. Good Luck on your surgery Bob. I haven't talked to you Bob, but I* have enjoyed looking at your Sailing Ships as you posted them.Will be praying for you.
    Larry

Comment

Happy New Year to you Bob and best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery. I'll look forward to your future posts.

Joe
      Joe

Comment

Happy New Year to you and your family Bob. We will keep you in our thoughts hoping for the best for you in your upcoming surgery
        Wayne
        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

P1070424Web.jpg Hi Bob and Happy New Year I wish you all the luck in the world to beat this thing. I wish I had a magic wand to wave and make it go away they are doing some wonderful things in the medical research field these days. I will keep you in my prayers. It wasn't long ago that I had surgery for ocular melanoma in my right eye so I know the sting of hearing you have cancer. So far my out come 6 months has been good.

Like you they caught it early which can be the key. I remembered I had seen you on the cover of Woodcarving Illustrated 2006 and wanted to share it today. I had given away most of my WCI magazines, held out some of my favorites and this was one of them.

Comment

Bob,
            As one of your old friends from the old forum, I wish you not only a great 2017, but total success with your upcoming surgery and recovery. My dad successfully survived prostate cancer and surgery, my husband survived it, several carving friends have beat it,, and my NOW best friend has survived it for going on 5 years. I'm glad they caught it early. Seems like every guy I know over 60 has to deal with this issue.

Have a good recovery and take advantage of the earned excuse to carve. Good wishes, my friend!
            Donna_T
            From Missouri

Comment

Happy New Year Bob and I wish you the very best luck!
              Terry

Comment

Bob, I wish you the best. You will be in my prayers.
                Bill K.
                Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

My best wishes for success. I have some gut-sense that all of this will go well. I hope so.
                  Brian T

Comment

God's Speed Bob!

Comment

Good and better luck in 2017 Bob. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
                      Kadiddle

Comment

I'll be praying for you ...

Comment

Bob, If good wishes are healers, You are well on your way. But just to be sure I want to add my own ~ Hoping for a speedy recovery!
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Dang Bob, there you've gone and made me all teary eyed before I even finished my second cup of coffee! As you can see from the comments, you have many here on the carving forum that know you, your work and your contributions to our community and you can rest assured that every darned one of us is pulling for your full and complete recovery. So friend, we wish you Gods blessings, good luck and may your New Year be full of renewed health and happiness.

Tinwood

Comment

Best wishes for a successful surgery, Bob. Prayers are with you. I look forward to your speedy return to the forum.
                              Arthur

Comment

Working...
                              X