Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

I know for the hardy folk from the north this is not a big thing but for us in the deep south feels like 14 is a cold day. Temp is 24 not sun bathing weather here on the gulf coast!!!
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

It's 23 in my part of Louisiana. At least the rain passed on through. Too cold, but it won't be like this for long...and I admit that I prefer the cold (for short periods) to heat and humidity in the 90s during the summer.
    Arthur

Comment

Hi Y'all
      I guess you are really feeling the cold in La this morning, I have a group of hardy souls playing hockey on the frozen pond this morning with the old mercury showing -2 F, our cold temperatures are yet to come, I am sure you will warm up in a few days, this is the time year that is called winter, YUCK
      Have a fun day
      Bruce

Comment

22°F here in Ponchatoula last night. Fortunately, I remembered to leave the outside hoses trickling to prevent burst pipes...

Claude
        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
        My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
        My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
        My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Tropical here. Maybe 15F for the high for the next week. If little snow and no real wind, ought to be just fine.
          My outside water taps actually have 12" - 16" stems so the shutoff place is really inside the house and all the outer part drains dry.
          Brian T

Comment

I keep having to wrap my head around the F and C thing. When my weatherman says 22, we be breakin' out tank tops and flip flops but naw, that's not what you meant is it? We're scratching by at -8C (about 17F) this morning here on the sunny (sometimes but not today) southwest coast of Ontario. You fellas might have to throw another log on the fire for a bit until that storm passes.

Tinwood

Comment

It was 32 below zero yesterday morning warmed up to 18 below this morning
              Herb

Comment

My little Schnauzer was confused when he went out and tried to drink from his outside waterbowl...he never saw ice before!
                Arthur

Comment

Was in the city for Christmas & New Year's. Really cold. Really depressing to see the steam coming off the heated dog water dish. $250 for her new truck battery.

To go from Celsius to Farenheit:
                  Double the C-temp, subtract 10% and add 32. That is exactly correct.

Say 18C in my kitchen this morning. 18 x 2 = 36. Subtract 3.6 (round it off to 4) = 32. Add 32 = 64F which isn't warm enough for making bread
                  so add 1kW creamic heater for 30 minutes.
                  Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                    Was in the city for Christmas & New Year's. Really cold. Really depressing to see the steam coming off the heated dog water dish. $250 for her new truck battery.

To go from Celsius to Farenheit:
                    Double the C-temp, subtract 10% and add 32. That is exactly correct.

Say 18C in my kitchen this morning. 18 x 2 = 36. Subtract 3.6 (round it off to 4) = 32. Add 32 = 64F which isn't warm enough for making bread
                    so add 1kW ceramic heater for 30 minutes.
                    It is always go to find another way of doing something.
                    C°→F°=(C°/5)x9+32°
                    F°→C°=(F°-32°)/9x5
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by uvawyo View Post
                      It was 32 below zero yesterday morning warmed up to 18 below this morning
                      LOL... its like a heat wave hit.
                      Greg

Comment

Here the temp right now is 5F (-15C) but feels like -11F (-24C) with the wind chill. Tomorrow it is suppose to be 3F (-16C) feeling like -15F (-26C).... not too bad.
                        ~ Dwight
                        "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Hope you folks down south have a good furnace.
                          Terry

Comment

Chilly down in Tampa area, but I am not complaining!

Comment

Woke up this morning and the outside thermometer said it was 38 degrees. Now when we used to go up to our cabin in the Tennessee Mountains that was a sign, like seeing the birds heading south, to pack up the truck and head home. But this is home and there's no place to go but put on my flannel lines jeans and another flannel shirt! "Mama..... make me another cup of hot chocolate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X