No announcement yet.

Hang on Gertty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, thanks to our son and couple of his buddies, one of their sons, and a grandson, we got sands bags (2 High, what is high enough?) stretching from the front of our neighbor's house to the left to the front of our neighbors to the right. Most of these house out here are manufactured home so the all set up 1-1/2'-2' above the ground, just the garages are at ground level.

The river has risen 2.7' in the last three hr. It is now 10.92' and I'm not sure what the flood level is here at the house. But record flood level is 23.9' in 2097, which got up on the driveway about 1-1/2', concerned but not real worried.

I was wondering what we would do with the sand bags afterward, Our son, Flood 2017.jpg said he a low spot in his back yard that would appreciate some fill Thumbs Up!
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Whew ~ Well the house is still standing! The river crested this morning at about 7:00 AM. It crested at 19.5', which is below the '97 level of 23.9'. It got to about 4' from the top of the bank. There is a creek=Long Vally creek, that runs through the subdivision and it has raised more h*** than the river. In '97 it took out the bridge crossing the northern crossing, this time it took out the southern crossing into the subdivision. The engineering firm who designed the subdivision and used two ±15' converts to span the creek. nothing but trash catchers. This time it not only took out the crossing but also the water line for about 30 of the homes. hope to have it back in 48 hrs.
      my wife Pam Butler posted some stuff on FB if interested.
      Thanks for the good wish.
      now time to get back to some serious stuff ~ carving
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Yay Joe! Glad everything is still standing in good stead with y'all. Nothing worse than cleaning up a murky mess.

Tinwood

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
          Whew ~ Well the house is still standing! The river crested this morning at about 7:00 AM. It crested at 19.5', which is below the '97 level of 23.9'. It got to about 4' from the top of the bank. There is a creek=Long Vally creek, that runs through the subdivision and it has raised more h*** than the river. In '97 it took out the bridge crossing the northern crossing, this time it took out the southern crossing into the subdivision. The engineering firm who designed the subdivision and used two ±15' converts to span the creek. nothing but trash catchers. This time it not only took out the crossing but also the water line for about 30 of the homes. hope to have it back in 48 hrs.
          my wife Pam Butler posted some stuff on FB if interested.
          Thanks for the good wish.
          now time to get back to some serious stuff ~ carving
          Gosh Joe, I'd forgotten about this. Very sweet of your family to get together to help you out. Nice looking family there Joe. Great having some muscles in your family when you need it. So it worked out this time but your situation sounds anything but resolved., What a shame about your subdivision. Best of luck. I happen to love modular homes

Comment

Working...
          X