• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    pallin
    Senior Member - Ventura

• pallin
    replied
    Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
    . . . . After supper, I got busy fitting some ferals to the handle, ..
    You really had me puzzled, Joe. "Ferals" refers to "wild" as with feral pigs or dogs. I finally figured you meant ferrules - a metal rings that keep tool handles from splitting. Maybe it would help to have handles on feral pigs! ha ha

Phil

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I've got two headband type magnifiers, One was actually my fathers. The second is similar to your W/ 5 interchangeable lenses, & a couple of LEDs. Get used all the time. I really don't like the full head band never was a hat wearer.

The new light toy I use just to illuminate things when things seem too dark and I want my hands free.

GOOD to hear that thing appear (a little pun) to be improving.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    Historian Observing Life

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Joe, 3 days out and good results from the soldering. My eyes are still a little "off focus" with both eyes, but definitely "in focus" individually.

Up close it is OK. Which, along with your comments on the need for light led me to this post. About a year ago I purchased a head set light, with magnifiers. It is working extremely well. I like the fact that I can look up, between the light and the lens and observe my surroundings without having to flip up or remove a headset. This also allows me to get in close to my work. I am not sure it would work as well in the two situations that you noted. Here is the website

https://shopfancii.com/products/fanc...nt=11204230406

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Paul. that curls my toenails. Soldering, just not sound inviting at all, hope it was all worth it.
    Paul, I don't know if you are needing brighter/more lights, but I'm experiencing this. The other day I saw another type of flash light and I ordered them, Got them from Amazon .
    I've included a jpg of what I'm talking about. I flopped them around my neck right out of the box, used them awhile, I was making some handles on the lathe. Later I came into the house and taken them off. After supper, I got busy fitting some ferals to the handle, Got them out again, the first thing I reach for this more was the light. Anyway for your consideration, besides you have to keep Brown coming by
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    Historian Observing Life

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Joe, the new medication the Doc used was working extremely well at my last shot (2 weeks ago). He wanted to extend the time frame between shots (now at 4 weeks). Yesterday, I went in for "some laser work" on the back of the eye. He also offered more explanation than he had when scheduling, "I am going to solder some of those little blood vessels."

This did not leave me comfortable! It brought up a mental picture of the brass work I have been soldering for the doe. Visions of the hot flame shooting out from the propane torch!

he painful stinging from the "numbing stuff" die not help. I must say the "soldering," of the first 15-20 places,went well. Then at the midpoint of treatment, he switched lenses and told me, "There will be a little discomfort now."

The discomfort was definitely present for the first 10 or so shots, increased to hurting for the next 10 or so and I was **** glad the discomfort was over after the next 10 or so. I go back in two weeks and will find out what he thinks of his soldering efforts.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Just keep hoping

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    Historian Observing Life

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Great news Jie! I am 3 weeks out from the 6 week trial run that did not work. The eye is back where it had been at 3 weeks so I have only had a delay and not a setback. I go in on the 24th and will learn whether or not the Doc wants to try the 6 months med or wait awhile.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Well, Paul, I got some good news yesterday at the retina doc.They had moved my appts. from four weeks to six weeks. Yesterday they said they could see no movement one way or the other some they gave two shots and told me to come back in 8 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    Nikki

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Thanks for the update Paul and I sincerely wish the best for you. New technology is quite amazing

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Paul, When I first started getting my injection they were at six weeks, (Only for the right eye). Then both eyes started giving me problems and the started a four-week schedule on both eyes. Then they felt they were good enough to skip shots and scheduled me for six-mouth. and I experience the same thing as you did. The assistant that had said that I didn't need the shots and back me off to six-months, well we don't talk too much nowadays. Also, the main doctor ahs has taken a sabbatical. Hummmm.
    Anyway, there is a new younger lady that is now taking care of patients, & in my opinion doing lots better job. Office visits have been cut for 3-5 hrs to 1-1/2 hr.

They change my injectable from Avstin to Eylea. The first two successions on the Eylea were at four-week intervals, Now we are on a six-week interval. right now I am in the fifth week and things still seem to be ok, Go back on the 13th.

I share this with you and anyone who is fighting MD For additional info.

My son-in-law says that my office/studio looks like a landing field, with all the bright lights

Leave a comment:

• Gypsy31

• Gypsy31
    replied
    Thank God, you are feeling better, just be careful!
    Oscar

Leave a comment:

• jimp
    Senior Member Western NY

• jimp
    replied
    Happy that things are progressing!
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• dogcatcher
    Rookie in West Texas

• dogcatcher
    replied
    Have the Doctors check the blood flow in the carotid artery. Exposure to Agent Orange has caused all kinds of arterial problems. The messed up carotid artery has left me blind in my left eye.

Leave a comment:

• honketyhank
    No facebook, no twitter

• honketyhank
    replied
    Thanks for the update. I hope the new stuff works out for you.

Leave a comment:

• AlArchie
    Super Moderator

• AlArchie
    replied
    Glad to hear something seems tobe working. Eyes are important.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X