No announcement yet.

Eye problem and posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry, I wish you well. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Comment

Brian, It feels like a cold chisel. I don't know about Paul, but I think my toenails are going to roll up
      . . .JoeB

Comment

I think that the quacks have used DeWalt or Black & Decker on me.
        I sincerely hope for the best possible outcome, here.
        Brian T

Comment

What injectable are they using?
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Well my Frien's the light at the end of the tunnel has dimmed a bit. I have not been on WCI for a couple of weeks due to my eye problem. A new medication was used about 8 weeks ago and did a marvelous job. The Doc told me that they wanted to "wean me off the medication" and scheduled my next appointment for 6 weeks instead of the usual 4.

At the 4 week mark I realized the importance of this interval. My vision started to deteriorate and in a few days had returned to the level that sent me to the Opthamologist in the beginning. It was bad enough to keep me from carving ~ unless I closed the "bad" eye and then depth perception was gone. Luckily, the time period coincided with Diana and my 50th anniversary. Company poured into Whooping Hollow and there would have been little time for carving anyhow. Now ~ Hopping Holler ain't Hoopin. The normal peace and quiet has returned! The celebration was nice, company appreciated ~ but it has been 22 years since I retired back here and I am totally unfamiliar with crowds of people around for extended periods of time.

The Doc gave me another injection and I am to return in the usual 4 weeks. He also informed me that there was a medication that was supposed to last for 6 months. He is ordering it and will use it at the next session based on the results of this shot. The good news is that this injection returned my vision to where it had improved ~ and only took a couple of days to get there.

So, I am now aware that it is unlikely that I will be "weaned off the shots" and my best hope is that the interval will stretch out to 6 months. Although the shots sound terrible ~ they are painless. The main downside is that from the time I arrive at the clinic until I walk out treated is about two hours. The eye "tears" for a few hours and the medication is visible as dark spots for about 24 hours before disappearing.

But ~ hey ~ I am back to carving.

Comment

Glad to hear something seems tobe working. Eyes are important.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I hope the new stuff works out for you.
                HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

Have the Doctors check the blood flow in the carotid artery. Exposure to Agent Orange has caused all kinds of arterial problems. The messed up carotid artery has left me blind in my left eye.

Comment

Happy that things are progressing!
                    Jim

Comment

Thank God, you are feeling better, just be careful!
                      Oscar

Comment

Paul, When I first started getting my injection they were at six weeks, (Only for the right eye). Then both eyes started giving me problems and the started a four-week schedule on both eyes. Then they felt they were good enough to skip shots and scheduled me for six-mouth. and I experience the same thing as you did. The assistant that had said that I didn't need the shots and back me off to six-months, well we don't talk too much nowadays. Also, the main doctor ahs has taken a sabbatical. Hummmm.
                        Anyway, there is a new younger lady that is now taking care of patients, & in my opinion doing lots better job. Office visits have been cut for 3-5 hrs to 1-1/2 hr.

They change my injectable from Avstin to Eylea. The first two successions on the Eylea were at four-week intervals, Now we are on a six-week interval. right now I am in the fifth week and things still seem to be ok, Go back on the 13th.

I share this with you and anyone who is fighting MD For additional info.

My son-in-law says that my office/studio looks like a landing field, with all the bright lights

. . .JoeB

Comment

Thanks for the update Paul and I sincerely wish the best for you. New technology is quite amazing

Comment

Well, Paul, I got some good news yesterday at the retina doc.They had moved my appts. from four weeks to six weeks. Yesterday they said they could see no movement one way or the other some they gave two shots and told me to come back in 8 weeks.
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Great news Jie! I am 3 weeks out from the 6 week trial run that did not work. The eye is back where it had been at 3 weeks so I have only had a delay and not a setback. I go in on the 24th and will learn whether or not the Doc wants to try the 6 months med or wait awhile.

Comment

Just keep hoping
                                . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                                X