No announcement yet.

Eye problem and posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe, the new medication the Doc used was working extremely well at my last shot (2 weeks ago). He wanted to extend the time frame between shots (now at 4 weeks). Yesterday, I went in for "some laser work" on the back of the eye. He also offered more explanation than he had when scheduling, "I am going to solder some of those little blood vessels."

This did not leave me comfortable! It brought up a mental picture of the brass work I have been soldering for the doe. Visions of the hot flame shooting out from the propane torch!

he painful stinging from the "numbing stuff" die not help. I must say the "soldering," of the first 15-20 places,went well. Then at the midpoint of treatment, he switched lenses and told me, "There will be a little discomfort now."

The discomfort was definitely present for the first 10 or so shots, increased to hurting for the next 10 or so and I was **** glad the discomfort was over after the next 10 or so. I go back in two weeks and will find out what he thinks of his soldering efforts.

Paul

Comment

Paul. that curls my toenails. Soldering, just not sound inviting at all, hope it was all worth it.
      Paul, I don't know if you are needing brighter/more lights, but I'm experiencing this. The other day I saw another type of flash light and I ordered them, Got them from Amazon .
      I've included a jpg of what I'm talking about. I flopped them around my neck right out of the box, used them awhile, I was making some handles on the lathe. Later I came into the house and taken them off. After supper, I got busy fitting some ferals to the handle, Got them out again, the first thing I reach for this more was the light. Anyway for your consideration, besides you have to keep Brown coming by
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Joe, 3 days out and good results from the soldering. My eyes are still a little "off focus" with both eyes, but definitely "in focus" individually.

Up close it is OK. Which, along with your comments on the need for light led me to this post. About a year ago I purchased a head set light, with magnifiers. It is working extremely well. I like the fact that I can look up, between the light and the lens and observe my surroundings without having to flip up or remove a headset. This also allows me to get in close to my work. I am not sure it would work as well in the two situations that you noted. Here is the website

https://shopfancii.com/products/fanc...nt=11204230406

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've got two headband type magnifiers, One was actually my fathers. The second is similar to your W/ 5 interchangeable lenses, & a couple of LEDs. Get used all the time. I really don't like the full head band never was a hat wearer.

The new light toy I use just to illuminate things when things seem too dark and I want my hands free.

GOOD to hear that thing appear (a little pun) to be improving.
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
            . . . . After supper, I got busy fitting some ferals to the handle, ..
            You really had me puzzled, Joe. "Ferals" refers to "wild" as with feral pigs or dogs. I finally figured you meant ferrules - a metal rings that keep tool handles from splitting. Maybe it would help to have handles on feral pigs! ha ha

Phil

Comment

My wife and I wish you luck Paul. She was having problems a couple of years back and her doctor at that time wanted to do surgery but she's scared @#$%&* over needles, medical procedures and any kind of surgery, so she went to see another doctor for a second opinion. The second doc is a little more conservative and said that something is going on but she has time so he can wait and watch and then let her know when her time has run out. Boy! Did I have a nervous Tilly on my hands!

Comment

Originally posted by pallin View Post

You really had me puzzled, Joe. "Ferals" refers to "wild" as with feral pigs or dogs. I finally figured you meant ferrules - a metal rings that keep tool handles from splitting. Maybe it would help to have handles on feral pigs! ha ha

Phil

Phil you can now see why I vote the most creative speller for 12 years

I'll write this down now so I know, thanks∙∙∙∙↑now where did I put it.
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Started this topic a year and a half ago. The initial injections helped a great deal ~ but not enough. A change of medication helped even more ~ but I still had to have monthly injections. Laser cauterizing was the next step ~ and kept me carving.

Dr. Thomas and I talked it over 6 weeks ago and he recommended injection of a steroid pellet. Other than seeing a log at the top of my vision ~ this was the best advancement yet. I returned in a month and he said, "Let's go another 6 weeks and see what happens."

Yesterday I returned, after 3 months with no injection. He said the eye has improved a great deal; but there is still edema. "I think we should try another pellet." I agreed.

Bigger needle makes it a little more involved than the liquid medication. But, this morning I woke up to almost no impaired vision! I go back in October. Longest without a return visit in a year and a half!

Headed to my renovated carving niche to work on the barn owl.

Comment

Great news, Paul! So pleased to learn your eyesight is doing so much better.
                    Arthur

Comment

Good to hear Paul. Going to remember the steroid pellet trick, you wouldn't know the band name of the pellet, would you?
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Great to hear you're improving!

Claude
                        My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                        My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                        My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                        My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Paul, it's super that your eyesight is better. I had Catarac Surgery in both eyes 2 years ago and ever since then I have little wispy white cloud floats around in mine. They get worse if I am looking out the window or at something real bright.
                          Larry

Comment

That is great Paul. That has been some journey you've been on. Would make anyone nervous. Glad to hear things are going well. Hope we get to chat soon.

Bob
                            Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Fantastic news, Paul!!!
                              Herb

Comment

That’s great news, Paul! You’ve had quite a journey with eye issues and I’m glad to hear the treatment is working. Hugs to you and your bride, Diana!
                                From Missouri

Comment

Working...
                                X