Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Here hoping it will get better, I know the feeling of bright lights and magnification.

Leave a comment:

• honketyhank
    replied
    I'm hoping for the best for you, Paul. Eyes are really amazing things yet we tend to take good eyes for granted. Until we can't.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Paul , I've been getting Shots in my Left Eye for about 8 years , it's not getting any better but seems to be Stabilizing it . Hope your Shots can do this. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Best wishes and prayers for improved outcome, Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    I mentioned having the "pellet" injection back in July. It improved the eye a lot ~ until about 3 weeks ago. Eyesight in the left eye started deteriorating. I went in for the scheduled appointment a week ago last Friday. It was obvious things weren't going well when the technician "mapped" the back of my eye and spent quite a long time examining the results.

Dr. Thomas told me that, "There is a lot of fluid on the retina. I think we should try alternating the steroid pellet and eyelea. Over a week later and there has not been much improvement. I have an appointment in 4 weeks ~ rather than the 8 weeks scheduling.

At least, the eye does not affect my carving too much. I do need much more light and more magnification. Hopefully, we can return to the pellets next time.

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    replied
    That’s great news, Paul! You’ve had quite a journey with eye issues and I’m glad to hear the treatment is working. Hugs to you and your bride, Diana!

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied
    Fantastic news, Paul!!!

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    That is great Paul. That has been some journey you've been on. Would make anyone nervous. Glad to hear things are going well. Hope we get to chat soon.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Magicman
    replied
    Paul, it's super that your eyesight is better. I had Catarac Surgery in both eyes 2 years ago and ever since then I have little wispy white cloud floats around in mine. They get worse if I am looking out the window or at something real bright.
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Great to hear you're improving!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Good to hear Paul. Going to remember the steroid pellet trick, you wouldn't know the band name of the pellet, would you?

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Great news, Paul! So pleased to learn your eyesight is doing so much better.

Leave a comment:

• Paul_Guraedy
    replied
    Started this topic a year and a half ago. The initial injections helped a great deal ~ but not enough. A change of medication helped even more ~ but I still had to have monthly injections. Laser cauterizing was the next step ~ and kept me carving.

Dr. Thomas and I talked it over 6 weeks ago and he recommended injection of a steroid pellet. Other than seeing a log at the top of my vision ~ this was the best advancement yet. I returned in a month and he said, "Let's go another 6 weeks and see what happens."

Yesterday I returned, after 3 months with no injection. He said the eye has improved a great deal; but there is still edema. "I think we should try another pellet." I agreed.

Bigger needle makes it a little more involved than the liquid medication. But, this morning I woke up to almost no impaired vision! I go back in October. Longest without a return visit in a year and a half!

Headed to my renovated carving niche to work on the barn owl.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Originally posted by pallin View Post

You really had me puzzled, Joe. "Ferals" refers to "wild" as with feral pigs or dogs. I finally figured you meant ferrules - a metal rings that keep tool handles from splitting. Maybe it would help to have handles on feral pigs! ha ha

Phil

Phil you can now see why I vote the most creative speller for 12 years

I'll write this down now so I know, thanks∙∙∙∙↑now where did I put it.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    My wife and I wish you luck Paul. She was having problems a couple of years back and her doctor at that time wanted to do surgery but she's scared @#$%&* over needles, medical procedures and any kind of surgery, so she went to see another doctor for a second opinion. The second doc is a little more conservative and said that something is going on but she has time so he can wait and watch and then let her know when her time has run out. Boy! Did I have a nervous Tilly on my hands!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X