Love / hate computers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love / hate computers!!

Just spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get my wifi modem working with computer and devices. Talk to two xfinity helpers in another country for a hour and 45 min. They finely connected me to someone here that resolved the issue in 15 min. The words training come to mind!!!!!
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

They sure don't make any friends by outsourcing to India and Pakistan.
    Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      Just spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get my wifi modem working with computer and devices. Talk to two xfinity helpers in another country for a hour and 45 min. They finely connected me to someone here that resolved the issue in 15 min. The words training come to mind!!!!!
      In a word, switch. I worked in IT (business intel) before retired. I now work part time in a church. We have xfinity. I had a similar experience that you describe. And, mine was just to reset our password. Finally, someone in South Africa helped.

At home, I have att. Was fast dsl. now, uverse with fiber optic to the house from the street. So far, it is great.

Comment

Phone your local high school. Might have to go as high as the 10th grade for a capable nerd.
        Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by robson valley View Post
          phone your local high school. Might have to go as high as the 10th grade for a capable nerd.
          lol.........RV..... ^^^^
          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Do you just love it.
            . . .JoeB

Comment

While it was sort of meant as a joke, there's some truth in it. High school secretaries know _everything_, right? She even knows me.
              So I phoned her, said I'd pay $20 for 30 minute chunks. She said that she had just the kid.

Took him about 20 minutes after school one day then he rattled off a list of checks and monitorings that he had done.
              Finished by saying that my modem thingie was just about hooped and as old as T. rex = get a new one. Gave him $20 and away he went.
              Got a brand new Wifi one installed by the company and tested (free, no less). So far, so good.

PS: I wrote the kid's name and number on the wall. I should call him about posting pictures.
              Brian T

Comment

My local phone/computer service is with Frontier, used to be Verizon. I have their computer package which includes tech service. It always follows the same procedure. First, I get the customer service operator, then the first line of tech service who asks a bunch of cursory questions that tells him he can't fix it. Then, I get 'He Who Fixes Everything'. Some of those guys are very good.

Comment

BTDT. Had some really bad tech support for WiFi extender I bought. Finally I just pitched it. Never bought another thing from that company.
                  Terry

Comment

I agree with Robson Valley. A friend told me I was very lucky to have sons that are into computers, one is IT and the other a Software Engineer. I told him that was true. But, if he had computer problems help is always nearby. Call the nearest nearby home with a teenager. That's all you need.

Comment

My son is an IT for a big company....if it wasn't for him....I would not have all these new computer gadgets......in fact I doubt I would have a computer.
                      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Working...
                      X