Oil painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil painting

IMG_0056.JPG Some people keep asking what I am doing, as I do not post much wood carving the last six months. This is the first oil painting in a local Hawaiian Church.....the first of three painting. Oil painting is my major in college in fine art.....although I have not done anything in 30 years professionally. I do believe at this time wood carving is my best art medium.
    Attached Files
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Oh yea five months to paint this as it is seven foot by five feet. And this picture does not show the whole painting.

Comment

Thanks, Di. Your usual dedication to excellence. A joy to see.
      Brian T

Comment

Wow nice work!

Comment

Wow, again. That's lovely. Please, could we see more?

Comment

Beautiful painting, Di!

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
            My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
            My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
            My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

This painting major stressed me out....for one thing the going from 3D wood carving back to one dimensional was a task....fact two there was no drawing,....created out of air from no where.....three I have never done any religious theme work, this was the first. The whole creation was a very fretful event, plus the fear that I could no longer paint was there. Some how it turn out anyway. So I guess you never forget. Unlike woodcarving I could only work on it smaller amounts of time....most of the time was figuring out what I was going to paint where and most of all why? I still have to do touch up work on the painting,....but oils take a very long time to dry before I can put on the next layer. I know this next painting will be a lot better because I have more confidence and know more so what I am going to do. Actually that church and those mountains are a mile from me. I will have to go back to the church and take more pictures of the painting right now she is getting a frame made from a finish carpenter. This picture was a fast shot from an iphone and not very clear. The next two paintings will be about the leper colony in Molokai the priest and the nun that went to help in that nightmare of a story.

Comment

Well it is certainly beautiful, Dileon!
                Herb

Comment

A lady of many talents
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful painting...you haven't lost your touch.

Comment

Beautiful!!! Hate to see you when you are on your game. lol
                      Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

Beautiful!... Dileon you are a very talented lady !
                        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
                          A lady of many talents
                          That is a problem often....when you go to school they teach you the basics of all the different arts. Me I get bored often .....and will switch mediums instead of stick with it. I think the only medium I have not done is glass work. In my work, I was known most for my ceramic work.....that people said it was impossible to do. It sold like crazy in the art world....but I got sick of it. It was not fun,... it was mass production. Not only that but I could not figure out why it was successful. I have this inner war with my art work....it is not often fun....it is hard work because I feel that .....I have to do better until I get to that level that I seek in my own mind. This painting ha....ha ....was very stressful......I even called the priest up and said.... "Pray for me because I am scared that I can not do this!!!. So here it is almost finished,... I am off to a new horse race and will continue on ward....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by papasar View Post
                            Beautiful!!! Hate to see you when you are on your game. lol
                            Actually that is the issue. I had a conversation with old mentor in art 40 years ago,....about doing your best work,.. will be about doing masters works which take time. It is must in an artist life that one must seek just how good are you? I honestly today ....have no idea what that is. In my younger days it was all about making money, and selling the work. Today I am seeking more....I knew when I did sea turtle in wood I knew that it is just around the corner, the work that amazes people. But this painting,.....it does show up many mistakes of my lazy ways, so it is ok by me but not what I wanted. So a kick in the pants ....and I continue to go for that time when I am on the game as you say. We will see if that happens in the oil paintings. As I say this painting,.... I was not clear that this is a medium that will show game on..

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy View Post
                              Beautiful!... Dileon you are a very talented lady !
                              Artist live in very insane world...LOL that the chaos of creation. I have a friend master craftmans super talented ....he quoted do not call me an artist because then I will have to cut off my ears. Well like Van Gogh knows...doing painting like this can create crazy mind. As far as talent goes it is all depends on the eyes of the beholder. Which comes to me ....it is always about me and where I am going and more so why if that makes any sense? But thanks for the support much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X