No announcement yet.

Oil painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Most Excellent subject, and painting, will done!
    http://www.tristatecarvers.com

Comment

Im likin' that painting verymuch. Thanks for showin it to us. The little oils i did was thewet on wet technique via bob ross videos. That was fun but i could never have patience to let the oil dry before the next coat.
      Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Beautiful!
        Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by drhandrich View Post
          Im likin' that painting verymuch. Thanks for showin it to us. The little oils i did was the wet on wet technique via bob ross videos. That was fun but i could never have patience to let the oil dry before the next coat.
          I am a layer painter.... mainly because of the drying issues...... wet on wet can take up to a year or longer to dry. They have this new drying medium you mix with the oil paint called Liquin, by Winsor Newton. You paint it on thin and it will dry the oil any where from one day to two weeks, before you can put on the next layer. I found this solution on a oil painting forum .....they swore by it so I tried it. It is expensive but worth it. I was impressed. One thing about oil painting the layer you paint on must be dry or it will start to crack in about twenty years. If people want to know the difference between oil color and acrylics....the oil paint last longer and does not fade in color as bad in the long term...also you can get better pigment colors. I can tell a major difference in color brightness and hue between the two paints, although to the normal eye ....lots of people do not see it.

. Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Hi Di, As the Others have said, it is Just Beautiful, and Beautifully done. You said you get Bored and have to move on to other things . Have you ever tried Brick Laying??? If not you would probably make it Outstanding. Ha,Ha. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
              Hi Di, As the Others have said, it is Just Beautiful, and Beautifully done. You said you get Bored and have to move on to other things . Have you ever tried Brick Laying??? If not you would probably make it Outstanding. Ha,Ha. Merle
              Actually making a major terrace wall out of stones qualify???.... the bottom to top is about total of 14 feet high.....? also that flagstone side walk was a challenge also as I was embedding cement snails and baby rabbits in it... . I live on a mountain ...the neighbors back and mine had a very steep drop off which caused erosion big time ...in fact in the pouring rain it would water fall. That side of house needed a rock wall....but I do not have money....so anything to do with the house I do, no matter if I know what I am doing or not. So I made a four layer rock terraced walls...that took me about a year and half to finish it...as I would have to go rock hunting between layers. Today that hill is full of exotic plants and cement statues....very creative made...LOL one part of the wall I made few mini waterfalls and another part of the wall has this dragon breaking out of the wall .....So yes creative....I have visitors often stop by my home from the mainland, with people who have seen my gardens.....they say...
              .Hey can you show them your gardens and art?
              I do .....my neighbor said I should charge money to show it. There is nothing normal about the house, I rip it apart and do creative things with it. Here is a few layers of the walls....Actually this work was breaking bones....and the surgeons were have a cow that I was doing it....this was when I did the switch from rocks and cement work to wood carving>>>LOL
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 4 photos.
              Last edited by DiLeon; 03-23-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Di, I thought I had you on Wall making but you sure surprised me. Your Garden is Beautiful and looks like a lot ofwork which you did Great. NOW if you tell me you did the Figurines you will definitely Blow my mind. You are one Talented Lady. Merle

Comment

The last one is mine.....she had a lot of additional attachments which have fallen off or broken.....I have bunch I made but most....they are are all covered up as I use that part of the wall for storage of my logs.....LOL perhaps I will wander out and see if I can film them. Ever once in while people from the Asian islands would bring stuff over here....cement statues where cheap a long time ago.... and I collect art as much I make it...... Some things I made.....although it is cheaper to buy them....I would. Bad thing about cement art work....you had to make a master model from clay and then cast it in plaster mold then pour in the cement minus the air bubbles.....it was a lot of work. I have about 25 statues outside.....which are a pain in the butt to try to protect if a hurricane comes..... it takes me a whole day just to try to protect most of them......the ones in the pictures are about four feet high or more,.. so I just try to keep trees from breaking on them....although the wall is very protective of the winds....I have had a few destroyed they were too fragile although.....

Comment

Wow. You are very talented, but I already knew that!!!

Comment

That's magnificent, Di!
                      Keep On Carvin'
                      Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

That is a very nice piece. I totally understand switching mediums. I just started woodworking, but I have spent a number of years in painting, drawing, and "crafting" of sorts. Sometimes I mix them up just for fun but mostly I pick up the new mediums because I want to keep challenging myself and leaning something new. Thanks for sharing this with us. Ada.

Comment

Working...
                        X