Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough Already

Hi y'all
    This is what I woke up to today, another snow fall over night and still coming, looks like I will have to wind up the snow blower and get the yard cleaned out, I really had planned to go out my shed and do a bit of carving. Hope every one has a great day
    Bruce
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Looks like it would be a better day to " build" a snowman than to "carve" one....... we lucked out this time, ...just a bit of rain (so far)
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hey Wayne
      The old Toro got the job done in forty mins, not bad for a couple of old machines LOL
      Bruce

Comment

Looks like a good day to stay inside and carve.

Comment

Hi Kathy
          I have the snow all stacked up for today,so its off to the carving shed for a few hours this afternoon before the next snow comes tomorrow LOL
          Bruce

Comment

Brrrr! We have rain so it is a good day carve here also.
            Herb

Comment

Hi Herb
              It looks like another three to six inches of snow tomorrow another good day to carve
              Bruce

Comment

Just checked my thermometer eh. 53 degrees F. Hope it stays that way although some snow showers are forecast this week. Hopefully no accumulation.

Very pretty snow scene Bruce.
                Terry

Comment

Hi Terry
                  Yes is pretty when it still on the tree branches, I would really like to see spring, it seems every year we have a lousy spring, goes from winter to summer in one bang.One of these days i will have to clean up the golf clubs and be ready to roll off to the nearest course
                  Bruce

Comment

Bruce, what do you expect! This is the maritimes and still only March, lots of winter left to "enjoy" yet. A nice fall of fresh snow up here in Miramichi, and more on the way tomorrow. Good carving weather.
                    Bob
                    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
                      Hi Terry
                      Yes is pretty when it still on the tree branches, I would really like to see spring, it seems every year we have a lousy spring, goes from winter to summer in one bang.One of these days i will have to clean up the golf clubs and be ready to roll off to the nearest course
                      Bruce
                      I'm hearing you Bruce. Nothing worse than a long drawn out winter.
                      Terry

Comment

Hi Bob
                        \My month that really gets me down is February, this year it was beautiful, now we are into "spring" it would real nice to to be spring like instead winter like.I am one of these guys that cab can carve 365 days for at least one hour per day.. Are you back at the bench a bit more these days?
                        Bruce

Comment

Our February was a tough one this year with a hack of a lot of storms and snow. Spring is usually late up our way, so I don't get too excited by snow in March, or April, ..... or even May. I am slowly getting back into things, but find myself weak and easily tired, so no big projects at present, just some small, easy stuff. Scabbed a bunch of several species of hard woods, 1/4" thick, to carve some small Maple leaves for pins or pendants. Easy to carve and very satisfying. The various woods show up especially nice once carved and varnished: Cocobola, Birds Eye Maple, Wild Cherry, Cherry, Walnut, and a little Wild Cherry burl. The grain and colours are fantastic and very pleasing to the eye, and will make great gifts for Canada's 150 birthday.
                          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Those are sad photos indeed, Bruce. The snow is finally all gone by us...hopefully Spring will be here soon!
                            Keep On Carvin'
                            Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Well Bo S and Bob K, it snowed here again over night, the snow is of a wet variety but with the wind blowing at a 50 km, there were nice drifts in my drive way that made the old snow blower grunt. I sure hope today was the last time in 2017 I have to use it.
                              Bo K did you buy any new tools you didn;t need at the round up ?
                              Bob S I am going to close to home tomorrow we are off to Moncton in the morning, think the wife is buying her self a convertible LOL
                              Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X