Screening your threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screening your threads

Does anyone kow if you can actually tell if your pictures will actually appear on a new thread before you hit the submit button.I recently posted a new thread called "Group of unusual suspects".I had all the pictures ready under manage attachments and hit submit and the only thing that came up was the description of the carvings.Then I tried to edit the thread by deleting the thread but could not.If there is a way to make sure to tell if my pictures will make it, like a preview before I submit.I hope I make sense and still in the learning mode with uploading pictures.Thanks,Davy

Re: Screening your threads

I had the same questions "woodtrapper". I found some of my pictures were too big and couldn't then rearrange them when I figured out what to resize to. What I did was sign off and come back in. I know there has to be a better way that I'm not aware of. I really didn't want to take the chance of submitting my post and having it wrong. It would be nice to review pictures along with the word content. I suppose the answer to the problem would be for the forum contributors not make any mistakes................righ-h-ht.
    Sounds like complaints but in my mind not really. Just trying make it better.

Comment

There is a preview post button next to the submit button. Might give that a try.

Comment

That button doesn't allow picture edit unless I missed another button.

Comment

I believe that after you've posted, you can edit the post including the photos if you're logged in. So,since ther is no preview of the photos as posted, post your post with the photos. Then after you've posted, and you want to change the photos, just click on the edit button in the lower right corner of your post. When the editing page comes up of your post, scroll down to the bottom, and click on manage attachments.

When you first post your message and photos, it should tell you right then and there if the photos are too large, and then you need to resize, or maybe eliminate some of the photos from your post, and make a second post with those photos. I have noticed that sometimes your post appears but the photos pop up a bit later. I'm not sure why, maybe Admin can explain or say as to whether that's normal.

Comment

Bob,you're right about being informed about the pictures not being the right size but if you've already browsed 4 pictures and after picking the "upload" button the first picture of four isn't correct and it drops out of its sequentical place with the other pictures. At this point there doesn't seem any way to go back and resize picture and "manage" it back in its place in line.
            I did try your suggestion of reagganging the pictures after touching the "Edit" button and didn't find any "manage" picture choices
            Concerning the "preview" button I may not have waited long enough to have the pictures come after touching the "preview" button. Next time I will and see if rearrangement of pictures is possible.

Comment

My mistake. After you click on the "Edit" button for editing your previous post, than to the lower right corner of the text edit box, there's a button "Go Advanced". Click on that, scroll down under "Addional Options" there should be an "Attach Files" section with a list of the files posted in the post, and "Manage Attachments" button. Click on the button, and then you can delete the image(s) and then upload new ones. I guess it'll be the hard way to rearrange them. But I'm not sure they'll be in the order that you want when you load. It might be worth a try though. Good luck!

Comment

I'll try it Bob, thanks

Comment

hey folks
                  there's gotta be a easier way. All this computer stuff makes my head hurt.
                  KEEP BARKIN

Comment

I just want the Forum folks to understand these aren't complaints really just Why Can't We? type comments. This is a great forum run by considerate folks.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X