Today is the big day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the big day

The Floor installers are supposed to start installing the new flooring today. They were to start at 9:30, here it is 10:15 , Hummmm.
    The attached photo is the flooring in office/studio, I guess it is time to do some remolding .
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    . . .JoeB

Hi Joe, I'm Surprised that your Wife let you wear your Golf Shoes in the House. Ha,Ha. Merle

Comment

Hi Joe, what kind of new flooring are you having install? Please share the after pictures with us too.

Comment

It's amazing what those office chairs can do to a floor.
        Terry

Comment

Terry, it's not only the4 wheels of the chair, but when you're a clutch such as I am, spilling things like alcohol, acetone, etc, isn't too good for the finish.
          I bought aq 46"x60" plastic floor mat to put down where I will be working. I've enclosed a picture of it on top of the new flooring in the living room. This will give some idea Kathy what the floor will look like, it is Rustic Olive. The installer helper (a big stout boy) had Nation Guard to day. It is a debriefing of their stay over in the trouble areas
          to our troops.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe
            I have hard wood floors in the house so i have to be very careful with the sipping alcohol while in the living quarters, but much different story when you are in my work shop after hours, the floors are looking good, be real nice when its all done
            Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by scotia carver View Post
              Hi Joe
              I have hard wood floors in the house so i have to be very careful with the sipping alcohol while in the living quarters, but much different story when you are in my work shop after hours, the floors are looking good, be real nice when its all done
              Bruce
              Bruce, I can understand sipping alcohol but why was Joe sipping acetone?
              Terry

Comment

What a fabulous upgrade.
                We put in maple hardwood throughout our house in 2003.
                It looks great Joe.

Comment

Well, the installers finished up today about 1:30 PM. Longer than what they expected, the young guardsman when out with his friends and got plowed. Didn't show up until about 11:00 AM the wasn't a 100 % about 47%, so Sat wasn't real productive day , but the job is nice. Then Pam & I started putting things back, we're quitting for the night and have a doctor appt. tomorrow, so it will be Tue to get things finished, but we're on the downhill side Whew
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

I installed 6x6 Parquet wood flooring in my den over twenty years ago but have kept an area rug down to protect it from my rolling desk chair and from paint spills, etc... It still takes a beating from this Florida sand which works it's way right through the pile and acts like sandpaper as the rug shifts. Every time I buy a new rug I clean, oil, and wax the floor which has helped save it. I ain't got enough years left to put a new one down. Besides I like my old fashioned parquet and you can't find those in the Home Stores anymore. It's real wood.

Comment

Well, we're pretty well finished. Pam took a couple of days to stay in the hospital, but she is better now. Except for pictures and new rugs (must be a girly thing, new floors then cover them up with rugs????) I arranged my office/studio a little differently. Got rid of a bunch of reference manuals, notebook, two computers and a monitor. Almost like see 30 years slide away. So to console myself I got a new little air compressor to replace the roofer aircompressor and had buried under a desk. This one takes a space of 14"x6 "x14" and is quite. I'm pleased with my new work space & Pam is thrilled with her new floor--that the important thing.
                      Away, here are some pictures>
                      This gallery has 8 photos.
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Very interesting floor to look at. Lots of wood grain patterns, not close-ups but some almost looks like spalting.
                        What did they do around the edges with moldings? Save the old stuff?
                        Brian T

Comment

Working...
                        X