No announcement yet.

Have a Great Day Carvers!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Randy, we were a tad cooler, just about 35F with frost on the roofs. Sunny and warmer now with a temperature of 10,cC (51F), looks like a gorgeous day to do some chores outside, or sit in the sun and whittle. Geez, now there's a heave decision to make don't ya think?

Tinwood

Comment

giant-wave-hawaii.jpg Winter is here, temp. drop sudden to mid 70.....time for first season crops to be planted. Today the weather report....North and west shores of most islands will see huge, life-threatening surf by this afternoon.. In other words do not walk on the beach...the wave will drill you head first into the sand,, drag you out to sea for shark bait.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow Dileon, that really looks awesome. Something to see from a distance I guess. How high is that?

Tom
        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Anyone else thinking "Pipeline"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omG-hZfN6zk

Comment

Boy, I haven't seen a wave that big since grandpa dived into the horse tank getting away from a mad bull. Thanks for a post, for a flat lander who would never see anything like this
            . . .JoeB

Comment

These waves are awesome to see....they hit the beach every once and while, and sound like thunder. And they spray outrageous amounts of salt into the air......enough to get white covering on your skin..... Hawaii scale measurement for waves is a scaled figure corresponding to roughly half the actual measured or estimated height of a wave's face. So a 35 ft wave in Hawaii is really 70 feet tall in the face. This is north shore. yes near pipeline surf spot, a few years ago.........where we were having 50 foot waves, which means they are a 100 feet in the air......and you could see the wave over the houses in the ocean as you where driving. I will never go see them again......a one hour trip took five hours because of the outrageous amounts of crowds of people,.... on our only highway, and my poor car was white misted salt. Waves are number one tourist killing items,because these waves...break outside the beach and then every once awhile one will break on the beach......this picture is what you see. An the color of wave....that is sand being kicked up in the wave. You get hit with this wave.....it is like someone took a dump truck of wet sand and poured it on you. maxresdefault.jpg

Comment

Water Water everywhere and not a drop to drink! Used to live in the south Pacific and we had a scale that was 20' long. The scale would balance at 20"/Hour. If it tipped over we were into rough times. Shot missiles through at 20 just to prove we could and meet specs. Moved later in life into a rain forest of Coastal Redwoods and in a drought year got 60 inches a year. On a wet year it was over 110. Normally around 80-85. It was a learning experience both places. Brother now lives near Kona on the Big Island. Martin

Comment

Have a great day....we are having major rains normal for this time of year........

Comment

Hi Di, what would Posses anyone to put their self into that kind of Danger Deliberately ??? Merle

Comment

I am enjoying the cooler and less humid days of fall. Yesterday I was able to sit under a big oak tree with Christmas music coming from the shop and carve. A very relaxing afternoon. Looks like another week of this great weather. Have a great day everyone!
                      Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Hey Carvers, it is a nice fall day in central Nova Scotia, temperature to day about 40 F and wind just at about 20 MPH that makes it feel like about 28F, nice day to sit in the shop and carve a few Santa ornaments, we even had a bit of snow on the ground early today, I hope everyone is getting into the Christmas mood for the craft show on Saturday
                        Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                          Hi Di, what would Posses anyone to put their self into that kind of Danger Deliberately ??? Merle
                          Actually people do not understand that our ocean is not the Florida, Japanese,.. or even the California coast. They watch the ocean wave line on the beach.....for awhile, they think it is safe to walk in an area that can even be dry sand....and then a major wave breaks on the beach. That wave is what gets ...the people on the beach. I see waves for hours will be a repeat kind of wave, then bang that huge wave hits the beach....runs up hill, hitting houses on the beach and even go out into the highway. We have a saying never turn your head away from the ocean, watch the waves coming in, because it does kill, ..... even gets some of our local fishermen fishing on the beach because he got careless and forgot. We have to hire extra life guards, post tons of signs, even hire police to keep people off the beach during high waves...and boy are they busy...they report they chase thousands of people off the beach in one days time.

Most all locals know to watch the ocean and most of us know what it is like to get hit by a small wave at Makapua beach......it will drag you up the beach on your face and then down the beach and you can not stand up....and if your lucky it will not drop you on your head...... as it is known as break your neck beach. That was an experience I will never forget. Of coarse my kids are major ocean swimming ....they learn when they are little what the ocean will do to you....one is a surfer, the other two major ocean paddles in competition. And yes I been on the beach when a major wave breaks, by then I am grabbing my stuff and running like crazy.....and still then even you will get hit and you have to know how to stand or swim through a wave.....I mean it looks funny all those people running. But no one knows what it is like to have sand up your nose and in cracks you never knew existed...smile.
                          It is our millions of tourist that do not know even if they watched a movie on airplane. They have zero concept of what it means ..... Me today....can not run, so we stay far away....when the warnings go up for high surf.

Comment

It will be in the 60's today but we will wake up to the upper 30's in the morning. A nice change. It has been a long hot summer. My bride would just as soon it stayed in the 90's. What ever your weather. I hope you have a great day!
                            Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Working...
                            X