Old enough to know better!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old enough to know better!!

My 20 year old mind set is in consent conflict with my 72 year old body. Wisdom does not always prevail and I pay dearly for the activity I think I should still be able to do. It is early, about 2 am on Tuesday and I am posting because I am in notable discomfort from the extensive yard work I complete yesterday while saying to myself, you’re going to pay for this. Being right is not always a good thing!!! Some Advil and a little Ben Gay seem to be bringing some relief so I will give sleeping another try! As I always say “next time I will Know Better!!
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Hope you get to feeling better fast. Been there, done that too. Sometimes it helps just to go stand in a hot shower, then hitting the bed. For some reason, we forget "next time" doing same thing.

Comment

Randy, I can totally sympathize with you. Two full days of chopping and hauling limbs in my yard let me know I'm no spring chicken. Advil is yer fren.
      Terry

Comment

Randy, most of us get older at a faster clip than we get wiser.
        Arthur

Comment

Hey Randy
          How about coming over to help me split two cord of firewood,I am pacing my self, been there done that,I have lots of time to get it done, usually doesn't snow here until mid November LOL
          I have an inversion chair that works wonders for the very old back,also have a total vibration machine that helps keep the body younger then the mind
          Bruce

Comment

I just physically cannot do things now like I did them 5 years ago. Fortunately, there's a wage subsidy program for seniors here.
            I can get all kinds of yard work help for $10.00/hour. The guy that does most of it got burnt out of his cedar mill job last April.
            Brian T

Comment

I feel your pain Randy, and I'm sure it will receed (slowly), but as far as "knowing better next time"........you might as well forget that....it ain't gonna happen. Us old guys are all the same....lol
              Wayne
              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hey !!! Randy, The way I get around Jobs that might make me Sore is let the Wife do it , she is only 83 yrs. and 2 yrs. younger than me. Ha,Ha. She is just a Kid yet. Merle

Comment

I have a constant supply of "Blue-Emu" coming from Amazon, for those kinds of foolish notions
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

This makes me feel better now. Walking over 5000 steps today and moving food in and around the house - then tomorrow it just continues, work with the tractor... Martin - only 70.

Comment

Working...
                    X