Sign of The End Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign of The End Times?

Lo and behold, we have over two inches of SNOW accumulated on the ground this morning, and it's still coming down steadily! This is the most we've had in decades! Snowmen are popping up everywhere, some of whom will undoubtedly be accused of harassment before the day is done. Our dog considers this phenomenon with disdain as he seeks a sheltered spot for his toilette. Believe it or not, this occurrence has resulted in the closure of schools, government offices, libraries, etc., which is actually good since no one here knows how to drive in snow and ice. It is beautiful and peaceful to contemplate, I must admit, especially from the comfort of my livingroom...think I'll crank up the fireplace today since we'll have the A/C on for Christmas, no doubt.
    Arthur

Goofy weather here in Kansas as well...70 on Sunday, and 6 degrees on Wednesday morning! We could use the moisture, we are very dry! Enjoy the snow!

Comment

Arthur, I was looking at the weather radar map this morning and it was showing snow across your area on up into Atlanta. I showed it to the wife and we both kind of shook our heads wondering if you really were getting snow. Lo and behold, your post confirming what we suspected. Next thing you know, they'll be pulling sleighs all decked out at Mardi Gras for heavens sake! Do you really think this is an omen of some sort?

Tinwood

Comment

We have been hitting record lows....and since we do not heat nor cool most of our homes due to warm temps.....my house is standing at 60 degrees as I been running around with a hat and sweater on.....and double sock. With this change in temp....my arthritis thinks I am dying.....and to think I grew up in area that got temp below zero at times. I do not think it is end of times....just the body thinks it is. Even the cats in the house are in towel lined baskets to keep warm.....smile.

Comment

Dileon - I used to live 2500 NMi south west of Hawaii. I knew short pants and barbecue with skin diving around Christmas. Still we got some winter storms and heavy seas, but heck after the summer nothing phased us much. 77-88 degrees year round. I feel for you - having a finger popping when I move it and the cold is so nice. Fire and refrig if we have to. Refrig to dry out the air. Fire to warm the local area. Chances are only a fan will be used to circulate the heat about the house. Martin

Comment

Rain, sleet and snow in lower Alabama. Low here for the next today’s forecasted to be in the upper 20's. Sun bathing is not an option with the cloud cover.
            But it is a great day for tuning up the tools. Cleaned and sharpened up all my knives and palm tools today, mostly just a little extra stropping. Looked at them under a magnifying glass and found some micro chips in a few tools and sharpened them out .
            Last edited by Randy; 12-08-2017, 03:45 PM.
            We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
            https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Big snow of 2017.PNG Proof of the "Blizzard of 2017, South Louisiana"!
              Arthur

Comment

Mild and dry here. Maybe 25F is coldest nights, 35F daytimes and no new snow for a week or more.
                Maybe 2-4" on the ground, at the most.
                High stretch between the village and the city, can't be more than 12" in the ditch.
                So nice of Mother Nature to share with the rest of you.

It has been 20 below and 4 feet of snow, too.

I read that the telescopes in Hawaii are quite badly snowed in. Not unexpected.

Arthur: there's your Christmas card picture for 2017! Classic Snowman.
                Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Tinwood View Post
                  Arthur, I was looking at the weather radar map this morning and it was showing snow across your area on up into Atlanta. I showed it to the wife and we both kind of shook our heads wondering if you really were getting snow. Lo and behold, your post confirming what we suspected. Next thing you know, they'll be pulling sleighs all decked out at Mardi Gras for heavens sake! Do you really think this is an omen of some sort?

Tinwood
                  Tinwood, we didn't have sleighs, but kids were sliding down the Mississippi River levees on everything imaginable...the levee is the closest thing we have to a hill down here! Snow is such a novelty here that virtually everything shuts down so the folks can enjoy it, even schools, government offices, and universities...and that's a good thing, because no one here can drive on ice or snow, so accidents multiply. I wouldn't want snow on a regular basis, but it's fun once in a while.
                  Arthur

Comment

It's warm here in Ventura, CA - too warm! 140,000 acres have burned, including a couple hundred homes. We've had to cancel several Christmas shows of our chorus. The fire is 10% contained after five days. Maybe the sign of end times.

Comment

This was taken this morning when we only had 2 inches of snow...now at 4 inches (as measured by the height of it on my BBQ), and this is Southern Louisiana!

All that hot air from California with the Santa Ana winds (blowing from East to West) must have caused the polar jet stream to dip way down to the Gulf Coast...
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Last edited by Claude; 12-08-2017, 05:40 PM.
                      My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                      My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                      My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                      My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

I guess I should sympathize with you Arthur and Claude because I'm no fan of snow myself, but I know the weather will pass and you'll enjoy some warmer temperatures in the near future. Us up here in Canada on the other hand know it's coming and it'll stay for 3 or 4 months. Today the weather was right at the freezing mark but fine up here in Nova Scotia and we have no shown on the ground YET, but it's coming ..... here's pic from last year
                        Attached Files
                        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

8 miles from Mobile Bay .

A9D3C941-C883-40E8-AEA2-D57C98900597 (2).JPG
                          We live in the land of the free because of the brave!
                          https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

People back home often ask why I moved here......this is why..... There are some things you never forget,... getting suck in blizzards is one of them. Talk about scary,...now look at me ....can not even handle 60 degree weather......wow!!!snow cars.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by pallin View Post
                              It's warm here in Ventura, CA - too warm! 140,000 acres have burned, including a couple hundred homes. We've had to cancel several Christmas shows of our chorus. The fire is 10% contained after five days. Maybe the sign of end times.
                              Good Luck! - I used to live in Simi Valley with a pool. One of the nicest we owned. Ohi (or how you spell it) caught on fire and my pool was black - The chemical mix was so bad that the pool had to be dumped and refilled after additional cleaning. I still can't believe the Big water bombers didn't dump on the fires. The State contracts are funny that way. Most of my friends are in the Bay area with one or more in Santa Barbara. Take care. Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X