Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morning wake up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Morning wake up.

    Get me out of bed, still asleep ....go make coffee . Go to the bathroom and the cat Kiki is staring at the ceiling. OK, I am awake!!! How big is he?...look at your hand and spread the fingers. He is a cane spider nonpoisonous but ugly.....what is your AM wake up? The firsthuntsman-hawaii-278x371.jpg time one has gotten into the house.

  • #2
    Hi Di,If you got Varmints getting like that you might have to carry a Side Arm. Ha,Ha. Merle

    Comment


    • #3

      "what is your AM wake up? "

      My wife screaming for me to get in here
      . . .JoeB

      Comment


      • #4
        It was funny I kept looking at the cat then the ceiling, I can not see much but something might be brown?......because I do not have my glasses on. So go find my glasses and I go back in....the spider is moving and fast on the ceiling .....and I wondering what kind it is .....I thought most cane spiders are hairy. The cat is dancing the let me kill it dance......I go get the wasp spray ....I do not want him jumping on me. This one was a big one. But I did not need my coffee to wake me up after that one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
          Hi Di,If you got Varmints getting like that you might have to carry a Side Arm. Ha,Ha. Merle
          Actually I seen rats big as the cats.

          Comment


          • #6
            You will have to carve one of those spiders on the next bench you do. I saw some big palm size tarantulas while living in Arizona.
            Randy

            WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, that would wake you up for sure!.... If that thing was any bigger it probably would of ate your cat for breakfast...
              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm waiting to see the first carved sample...

                Tom

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is why I don't live in Hawaii.
                  Keep On Carvin'
                  Bob K.

                  My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving


                  My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9


                  My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood


                  My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That would definitely get my attention...Di, do you have geckos around your house? That was the hardest thing for us to get used to when we visited Maui, was to get used to seeing the geckos running around the floor of indoor/outdoor restaurant! We even had one in our condo...some say it is good luck to have one in your house?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tbox61 View Post
                      That would definitely get my attention...Di, do you have geckos around your house? That was the hardest thing for us to get used to when we visited Maui, was to get used to seeing the geckos running around the floor of the gekco.jpg indoor/outdoor restaurant! We even had one in our condo...some say it is good luck to have one in your house?
                      Yes they get in the house....when I moved here it took some getting used to....... my youngest son five years old was catching them and bringing them in the house....did not know where they were coming from other then I had tons of them! They say they have your dead relatives spirits in them so do not kill them Other people say that they major kill the bugs that get into your house leave them alone. Tropical weather bugs are a major issue. Outside we have the big green gecko it is the one on the banana. I leave the geckos alone....although they do not last....because it is the indoor cat's major sports item. I do catch them if I can and take them back outside
                      lizard 1.jpglizard 2.jpgT
                      This is a Jackson cam they are sold as pets

                      This one on the thumb is biting...they are outside and this does not hurt. You can see them often hanging onto a cats lip because they are trying to eat them. People are not scared of lizards here. Just some spiders and we have the big, big centipedes....yikes!!! lizard 3.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Dileon; 04-05-2018, 02:03 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is one bug in the house that scares me....the bite is worst then a wasp sting..... they come up the pipes, fall out ceiling lights and they are big and very long. I get a very large heavy book throw it on the bug as they are very hard to kill ....and jump up and down on the book. I do not have an issue with them much as I live rainforest ....they love dry areas. The red centipede in the box is 14 inches long. Although I have seen ones at least eight inches...this one is big. This guy is from Tonga ...they take the stinger off and chase people around with the centipede for fun.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Dileon; 04-05-2018, 02:22 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dileon View Post
                          This is one bug in the house that scares me....the bite is worst then a wasp sting..... they come up the pipes, fall out ceiling lights and they are big and very long. I get a very large heavy book throw it on the bug as they are very hard to kill ....and jump up and down on the book. I do not have an issue with them much as I live rainforest ....they love dry areas. The red centipede in the box is 14 inches long. Although I have seen ones at least eight inches...this one is big. This guy is from Tonga ...they take the stinger off and chase people around with the centipede for fun.
                          This thing creeps me out too. My brother knows about it well and pranks me sometimes with toy look-alikes of these... Wait, you said they love dry areas? I read on pestcontrolhacks the opposite opinion, that they love humid places, that's why they live mostly in tropical areas, like Australia. And my basement...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jeez but I hate that, first thing. Had an Australian Huntsman go sprinting out from under the toaster one morning.
                            Got a little warm, I guess. With my North American reflex, I swatted the spider with a rolled up newspaper.
                            It exploded and I spent 1/2 a day cleaning up. Wasn't a 4" leg span and a body like a robin's egg.
                            Brian T

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X