No announcement yet.

Is it Spring??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just out working on a 16" diameter limb that fell out of my large Willow Oak when hit by lighting. High winds cracked it out and fell across my driveway. Took most of a Saturday to cut it up so the tractor could push the trunk sized base out of the way. I had moved most across the yard. Boy oh boy - lots of nice firewood. Just in time for Christmas. Used three saws on it already. My 15" 'new' one twisted a tooth and put a burr on my bar and the tooth. Rats. Dragged (almost) my big 50 with a 20" bar to slay the log. I was able to cut out and bring harm to the massive chunk of wood letting the tractor to shove it just a little and thee cuts fell apart and Thud it hit the ground. Now to cut fire wood and move it off the front lawn. Small ranch of sorts have 6 acres.
    I'll try to resaw some of the wood for a project of some type a tradition I started in the Redwoods. Martin

Forgot :Spring has sprung - 80 degrees today and the Pecan tree is starting to put out flowers. That is the last to do that in Texas.
    Last edited by lionslair; 04-16-2018, 10:37 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Only 10c (50f) here today and the fog is so thick I might need one of Martin's saws to cut my way through it ..., but it could be worse; up where Squarbriggs lives I think they are still getting snow and ice..
      Wayne .
      If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

4C/40F this AM. Spring and summer are over, they were Sunday and Monday.
        We're back to white winter in the night. Maybe 2" and the streets are bare and wet.
        Even with the bedroom curtains shut, I just know it's too bright for spring browns.
        Brian T

Comment

My wife and I are now at Bainbridge Island, WA. The weather is nice today. We're getting a reputation for bringing California weather with us. Seattle was on its way to a record April rain total. Now we've stopped that!

Comment

Here in Maryland I just saw a few Snow Flakes , thought I was seeing things . Merle

Comment

New records.....when it rains like I tell people you have seen nothing til you come here. The National Weather Service says rainfall totals from Kauai's last flash-flooding event may have shattered the national rainfall record for a 24-hour period. We are still raining.... This is the latest news.

Initial data from a rain gage in Waipa, Kauai recorded 49.69 inches of rain from April 14 to 15.

The highest rainfall record in a 24-hour period currently belongs to Alvin, Texas, where 43 inches of rain was recorded on July 25 to 26, 1979.
              . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Dileon: Somewhere in the last day or so, I did read that the gauge in Waipa set a record. More than 4 feet of rain water overnight.

We might have spring. Reports of returning migrating humming birds (male Rufous show up first) 2 days ago.
                Yesterday, there were little bugs flying around inside my house. Still a few 6' snowplow piles in some ditches in the village.
                Brian T

Comment

It is pouring here again......wow .....me too!!!....cats.jpg

Comment

Gona hit the 90s today , I think we went from Winter to Summer , Boy I hope not. Merle

Comment

90 here on Long Island NY
                      Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

It isn't spring here until the Pecan puts out 'flowers' to make nuts. The tree is very reliable on prediction. Often we get early spring and friends and others plant flowers that freeze a week later. Now only wind and rain. So the temp never drops much below 60 if it does and soon it will be in the 70's over night. Hope for rain to cool the ground for a nicer day coming. Martin

Comment

cd3892-human-bear-encounters-birthday-card.jpg
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for a good chuckle D1! lmbo
                            Bill K.
                            Every day should be unwrapped like a precious gift.

Comment

How close is the eruption?
                              . . .JoeB

Comment

Great morning for a cup of coffee on the porch. However we are warming up. Mid 80’s and more humid these days. Sadly all my years complaining about the humid summers down here has not resulted in a change in the weather, Oh well maybe this summer someone will hear me, OR NOT. Whatever your weather enjoy your day everyone!.
                                We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                                https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

Working...
                                X