No announcement yet.

Volcano is rocking and rolling.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are keeping you in our thoughts Dileon,...stay safe !
    Wayne
    If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hi still here...LOL. Well no one is talking about today. Public radio did say volcano cloud is at 20,000 feet. Reports from the locals in the area screams that ....they are also getting zero information. I have seen a lot of shut up to the people affected to shut up and stop talking because this is not happening ....it is hurting our tourist business major. Like I said they do not care about the people here and money talks loud. Which is very upsetting. I just saw a video from a lava tracker...he reported all conditions continue to get worst, It is noted that the volcano has not yet exploded, but could if she plugs up be ready for anything. Right now zero pictures of what is happening.....perhaps later in the day. I will continue to update this post as things move along.
      I did just get an alert....MAGNITUDE - 4.2 volcano
      EVALUATION : NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED. REPEAT. NO TSUNAMI IS EXPECTED. HOWEVER...SOME AREAS MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED SHAKING
      It is 1pm Hawaii time the above 20,000 no confirmation so I say not true. We had another 4. something earthquake again around the volcano. Other areas the cracks are continuing and one big one 4 1/2 feet just open up on the roads. They reported that small 2 feet boulders came out of the volcano. Lots of sulfur in the air.

Picture of the day from yesterday.....addicted to golf? Nothing will stop you ....including a volcano eruption. volcano_1920_embed_kilauea_golf_swing.jpg
      Last edited by Dileon; 05-16-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Good morning ....just woke up it is 5:45am. Reports from civil defense said the volcano just had an explosive eruption. For everyone to remain inside. Got 25,000 plumes with ash coming out and it is the color of a thundercloud. There have been earthquakes all day yesterday on the volcano. So no wonder she went off.... It is calm here...birds are singing so far and no ash in the air yet. But we always get it. Today I am will be carving in my studio....neighbor helped me out major with my music issue that got killed in the floods. So I got music finally..... Hope you all have a good day!
        Update....plume is getting bigger now at 30,000 they say that there some awesome pictures...sure it will be traveling around the world soon. We are being told ...this is not the big one but a gas and ash explosion. Wonder what the big one looks like?

I have been getting panic calls from the mainland ...the news is making it sound like something major happen and we are all in danger.... Not true. Everyone here and on the big island are ok for now. Yes, we had an explosion that made the scientist dance around but all it is an ash plume. Of course, anything else can happen....and yes we are still getting earthquakes, yes we got lava coming out of pop up cracks that are moving to the ocean, yes we have areas closed down because of dangerous gas omission. But no one got blown out of the water ..... yet.
        Last edited by Dileon; 05-17-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

All I got to say is all the major news channels are showing either fake stuff or old photos that happen a week ago, even yesterday. They did it well,... scared a lot people in the mainland and overseas. The reports just as bad.

We have about 40 structures down from the lava coming out of the cracks ....this is total from the last 2 weeks. The cracks are getting worst as we have continuous earthquakes. No, I can not feel them on my island if I did feel an earthquake means a tsunami is coming and run up the mountain. We have new fissures but it is unclear as the volcano has taken over the news.....they are passing out a gas mask to big island as the smell and gases are getting worst from those fissures. Fissure still have flying lava coming out of them. People are hearing really loud boom noises from those fissures and other areas. Ash is being blown out to the ocean right now and it is very light coming out of the volcano. I heard the lava lake continues to drop so zero lava coming out of the volcano. Only excitement was the civil defense warning......this AM......as it took awhile to find out what kind.

Comment

This is pushed by the Sun and Jupiter, the two heavy weights in the heavens and they are in opposition so the earth is being stretched. A week ago was the worst. Hope to see it taper off. My concern as a Plate Tectonic guy, I hope the South Pole, which is heating up, doesn't turn on again. That might melt a lot of ice and mean a lot more than quakes and red hot bombs. If the central area is working its self up it might be just down the river from us. The lower Ring of fire has been hot for several years and the South Pole is one of the points on the plate that goes towards India. Thought by now, the big island had moved off or nearly did the hot spot that created it. The spot was creating new islands offshore. Maybe there was anti-rotation that brought it back. Hum...

Comment

Originally posted by lionslair View Post
              This is pushed by the Sun and Jupiter, the two heavy weights in the heavens and they are in opposition so the earth is being stretched. A week ago was the worst. Hope to see it taper off. My concern as a Plate Tectonic guy, I hope the South Pole, which is heating up, doesn't turn on again. That might melt a lot of ice and mean a lot more than quakes and red hot bombs. If the central area is working its self up it might be just down the river from us. The lower Ring of fire has been hot for several years and the South Pole is one of the points on the plate that goes towards India. Thought by now, the big island had moved off or nearly did the hot spot that created it. The spot was creating new islands offshore. Maybe there was anti-rotation that brought it back. Hum...
              Martin questions how much pressure do you believe is on the top scientist to keep their mouths shut due to loss of income? We have a bunch of them screaming at locals that the ring of fire has zero to do with what is going on.... I mean isn't it all sort of inter-connected in a roundabout way? People have major concerns, scientists speak up and say what they think....and then they get publically slammed for saying it. It is so bad here it is hard to get any real information ...unless you log into special places. Here things continue to get worst each day.
              Last edited by Dileon; 05-19-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Again just woke up, on note, I update these post throughout the day as I find things happen or did not happen, things get added and erased... We have major lava flowing out of fissures they say it was up 320 feet in the air in some spots. Locals report that....It sounds like 10 or 20 jets taking off from your backyard at the same time,
                "It's been like hell," he said. "It's like huge grenades going off. It shakes the whole community." Fissures open and shut and open again. Cracks in the roads are getting bigger and wider,...earthquakes continue. The sky at night is red. The volcano had another explosive event last night,...rest is unknown? There are a lot of homes been destroyed the last few days and people are being rescued from homes by the national guard. .

..Resources for information is thin and the national guard is taking away journalist cameras and lava chasers are being fined. As the public screams, we need to know where and what is going on....falls on deaf ears. These kinds of events scare me a lot more than the volcano. Drones are illegal and pictures that you do see are by darning photographers....here they will be arrested.

Last I heard 23 fissures. The islands continue to slowly get worst in this situation......and we could be looking at months of this kind of action. They finally got the mask to the people although it is questionable if they really help? That is also a scary thought....better get your own preparedness things. The rest of islands nothing is effected other than the tourist business is down major and they speak louder than the volcano. I have one concern it is not what they report....it is what are they not telling us?

Great video of the lava right now it is moving very fast as you can see. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QfGr2dSqx6xtJtayLe8DFThmEjDU7oav/view
                Last edited by Dileon; 05-19-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

636623220958577643-AP-APTOPIX-Hawaii-Volcano.jpg

Comment

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...nic&ajaxhist=0

Looks like the south Eastern part of the Pacific Plate is 'spreading' - moving towards the center making more floor. Likewise the south pole plate is creating more ocean floor pushing northward
                    into the Australian plate and the pressure points are spots of red and earthquake volcanic activity. In general, the Pacific plate rotates on the hot spot as it spins with the northwest going in that direction and to the western part. Anti-clockwise. With floor generation - the bottom gets more square miles of property - from the south and south west the direction of the Hawaiian islands floating along in a northwesterly arc to almost the tip of Alaska. If you look at Google Maps of the Pacific, you can see from old sea mounts that have eroded to under water domes with micro
                    islands spotting the way through Midway. We are all connected. I suspect you have had very high and very low tides living in the pacific with the tidal forces of the Sun and Jupiter swamp the effects of the moon but use it as a moderator. When More and more Planets align the tug increases and an extra foot or two is sloshed up in the tides. Martin

Comment

People are losing homes..... there are people out trying to save them and their animals and the belongings. They say the truck tires are melting on the roads. Because the ground is so hot. This is a nasty....warning. So do not read.

We had a guy on the third-floor balcony of this house. A lava splatter flew through the air some distance and hit his leg. 500 degrees dissolves bone and flesh.....lava is about 2,000 so it basically cremated his leg.... it is on our news basically because people need to know this basic fact. That it can happen to anyone near the massive action of the fissures. He is still alive....but what an injury. I really feel for him, how mistakes can destroy our lives in seconds. Lots a news it is just plain sad....

Science interest for those who are following this.
                      The Hamilton lab is doing in days what used to take weeks or months. Scientists in Hawaii combine that data with their own. It's revealed some surprises. What we found is that fissure 17, the big one that's been going for a couple of days, is something completely different than we've ever seen on Kilauea," Gansecki said.

Last edited by Dileon; 05-20-2018, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Just looked into the British BBC News on line.
                        Lots of very good stills and video clips of the volcano activity. Amazing.
                        That's as close as I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                        X