Good to be home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to be home.

I was in Texas the last few weeks taking care of a family member who had medical issues. I had hoped to get to a meeting of the Alamo Wood Carvers Club but was not able to. Boxed up some nice pieces of cedar from their yard. They should be here in a few days. There are beautiful live oaks in the hill country of Texas. Many have died do to a wilt of some type that has gone though some of the area. Where I was they lost 5 nice trees in their yard. They have not cut them down yet but I hope to be able to go back when they do and get some nice wood.
    We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
    https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Hi Randy , Welcome Home. Merle

Comment

Sorry to hear about your family member Randy, hopefully they are better now. Glad you're back.

Tinwood

Comment

Thanks for being a care-giver, Randy. Welcome home.
        I appreciated all the help that I had this winter past. Good for you.

Just can't leave the wood alone, huh? Great opportunity.
        Brian T

Comment

Ir is important to be there for the family, It is also good to be home, Good luck on the wood gathering
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice you were able to grab some wood. Medical issue can be hard, sure nice to get back home
            . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Life Oaks are beautiful trees. We have 5 in the front of the house - live on 6 acres - I'm going to have to cut a 6" (thereabouts) limb because the rascal that put them in before we moved here put them on the road. The large one in front of our house and front of the property are likely 50 years old. The open frame limbs once cut like that make them graceful. Our trash truck doges it weaving in the front. So it must go. Cars are ok but service trucks weave away. About to cut down another tree that we lost to the drought. Nice Sycamore. We have another in a rain drain area that lived and is larger. Lost Red-bud and more. Planting more and watering them until they hit the ground water. Some deep and some local when it rains. Hate to hear of a decline on those Live Oaks that always have green leaves on them. Spring they drop about half and in the Fall the other half. Never bare. We had heavy winds one day a few years ago and sprung a limb behind another as the tree was pushed into a large circle from a ball. When it cam back, the limb was caught for about 6 months when it sprung free. Phew, made it look ugly. :-)

Comment

We have friends in the Texas hill country (Harper) that have lost many oaks on their 20 acres. It is sad that certain species are attacked by blight or insects with few remedies.

Comment

Working...
                X