Well. it all came full circle today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well. it all came full circle today

Didn't get much carving done today. To start with, got up late ., the It was med pills box to get filled for the week, then it happenn∙∙∙∙

My wife came in and asked if I could do something for her, sure honey. Well, she breaks the bras out, the kind that has got about twenty hooks down the back. Not sure what she been doing but some of those hocks were really twisted & some missing. "You probably got the stuff to straighten them out. One had about six snaps missing and well as the other three more has two or missing. What you want to do about the missing one, just cut the top on off each bra and use them.. Do the math dear, OK you figure it out

these hock 1/4" wide and 1/8" high OK Like hold on to mercury. The easy part just cut all the snaps off the bra with all the miss snap (going to use the material to stain the paint for the new toy ) I don't know what the outside material was but I didn't have a thimble to push the needle through it, but sure could jab myself deeply in the left index finger

Not being even close to being a seamstress, things really got ugly. Tback of the hock was buried in a small fold on the side of the armor of these bras. Fumble, fumble fumble. Finally, I got the super glue out, got the hocks placed where and wanted them, s spot of super glue let it dry through in about four stitches and called it good. About two-three hrs away from carving.

Gave them back to her with the expression "don't break anymore"

Now I ask you, going from trying to get a bra to repairing, isn't that full circle?
    . . .JoeB

Flat dangerous to say anything!

Comment

I know nothing! I know nothing at all. Run boys!

Is it safe to ask if she was pleased with the repairs?
      Brian T

Comment

This may be a good place to take the 5th!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure if I got all this; I know I am having trouble assembling everything in my mental image. But I am hoping that the superglue was properly cured before the finished article was tried on.
          HonketyHank toot toot

Comment

The important question Joe, is did the airbrush work ok???
            If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Joe, as long as you got fewer stitches in yourself than in the bras, you're OK. And yep, I'd call that full circle, or maybe spiral rather than circle.
              Arthur

Comment

Lionslair~Aw come on
                Brian~Yes
                Larry~You and Lionslair
                honketyhank~I'llbe find out I'm sure
                Tom~haven't had a chance yet to busy with these other important things
                Arthur~"Spiral" yip
                . . .JoeB

Comment

I'm not saying a thing...
                  Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                    I'm not saying a thing...
                    Coward, I've got broad shoulders, just not nimble fingers
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Just goes to show you what lengths us wood carvers will go to for a little carving time and we’re grateful for it. The B cup runith over.
                      We live in the land of the free because of the brave! Semper Fi
                      https://www.pinterest.com/carvingbarn0363/

Comment

What a day,Joe!
                        Herb

Comment

WAY TMI....LOL I wouldn't ask my hubby (an engineer PHD) to fix it for me...I'll fix my own thank you very much.

Comment

Never seen a broken bra. Wife knows if she handed me a bra I'd wear it on my head and she'd end up buying a new one. Suspect she just avoids the embarrassment and goes shopping.
                            Buffalo Bif
                            www.bflobif.com

Comment

What!!! Give your man a bra to fix???? throw the darn thing away and buy a new one. You can buy new snaps ...Walmarts but why? easier to throw the darn thing in the trash can because it is so old it is going to fall apart where the material is. I know I repair my own bras........I do not get this one at all, worst part that super glue will pop off and then she will be hanging loose...and your the one that is going to be the bad person. Wow what a mess.... there are some things a man should never touch ...this is one of them....in my own opinion.
                              . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Working...
                              X